Sam Mason Profile
- Ohio State Scholar Athlete (2021)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2021)
- NCAA Career Stats
2021 (Junior at Ohio State)
- Did not see action as a reserve
2019 (Sophomore at Northern Kentucky)
- Played in 13 games with six starts … scored three goals and recorded six points on eight total shots … Norse finished with a 7-10-1 overall record
2018 (Freshman at Northern Kentucky)
- Made six appearances for the Norse …Played a season-high 43 minutes against Bethany College (9/26/18) to help the team earn a 5-0 shutout win
Prior to NKU: Mason is a 6-0 midfielder out of Big Walnut High School in Sunbury, Ohio. Mason has also played for the Ohio Premier club under coach Travis Wall. Mason was named first team all-conference in high school and helped his club team to six Ohio South State Cup Championships, a 2016 Midwest Regional Championship, a 2016 United States Youth Soccer National Semifinal appearance, and an appearance at the 2017 United States Youth Soccer Nationals.
- Son of Mary and Mike Mason
- Played for the Ohio Premier (Club)
- Plans to study business at Ohio State
- Has three siblings, Ben, Zach and Mia
- Brother Zach played at Ohio State from 2012-16 … he was a two time captain for the Buckeyes in leading Ohio State to a Big Ten Championship (2015) and winning the 2015 Senior Class Award.
- Enjoys watching Premier League, spending time with family and friends.
- Winning the 2018 ECNL (Elite Clubs National League) National Championship. It was the first boys national championship in the clubs history
Quoting Coach Maisonneuve–Sam Mason
“We are excited to have Sam join our program. Sam is a very good soccer player and has a natural feel for the game. Technically, he is a very good passer and does an excellent job getting the ball where it needs to go. Tactically, he reads the game very well and will do a good job for us in the midfield. Most importantly Sam is a great teammate and will do whatever it takes to help this program be successful.”