• Two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (2017, 18)
• 2018 Academic All-Big Ten
Floor – 14.200*
Vault – 14.250*
High Bar – 14.050*
Scores with asterisks are from 2017-2020 FIG Code of Points
As A Redshirt Freshman (2018)
• Tied for fifth on high bar with a readout of 13.700 at the Rocky Mountain Open, the second-highest score for the Buckeyes.
• Competed on high bar against Nebraska and Michigan.
• Placed fifth with a floor score of 14.000 and season-best high bar score of 13.850 against Penn State.
• Posted a floor score of 12.850 and high bar score of 12.500 at the Arnold Challenge.
• Registered a high bar score of 12.250 in win vs. No. 2 Stanford.
• Recorded a score of 13.600 on floor and 11.850 on high bar against No. 1 Oklahoma.
• Competed on high bar at the NCAA Championships, scoring 12.733.
As A Freshman (2017)
Prior to Ohio State
• Attended Trinity High School.
• Member of the Champion Gymnastics from 2001-11 under coach Doug Burton.
• Moved onto Queen City Gymnastics from 2011-16 and trained under coaches Keith Pettit and Sean Sawyer.
• Finished seventh in all around at 2015 J.O. Nationals with a total score of 160.650.
• Won individual honors on high bar (13.700) and vault (15.100) at 2015 J.O. Nationals.
• Son of Caroline and Joe Chan.
• Has five siblings (Maya, Stephen, David, Nick and Angel).
• Majoring in economics.