Ohio State Overview
• Is in his fourth season with the program and is an experienced and talented tight end.
• Has played in 36 career games with 24 starts.
• Was one of seven players to start all 14 games last season for the Big Ten champions.
• Totaled 119 receiving yards and scored two touchdowns – vs. Michigan State and Rutgers.
• Named a “champion” by the Ohio State coaches nine times, fourth most amongst offensive players.
• Led the team’s tight ends with 20 receptions for 205 yards as a third-year sophomore in 2018.
• Caught his first touchdown pass against Rutgers, covering nine yards.
• He caught a pass in eight of the last nine games last season for the Big Ten champion Buckeyes, including career-bests of four receptions vs. both Purdue and Maryland.
• Had a personal-best 44 receiving yards vs. the Terrapins.
• A three-year letterman, Farrell played in eight games in 2017 and caught his first passes as a collegian with a 14-yard reception vs. Indiana and a five-yard catch vs. Rutgers.
• He red-shirted the 2016 season as a true freshman.
Honors & Awards
2019: OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten Conference
2018: OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten Conference
2017: OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten Conference
More on Luke
• Was a consensus 4-star tight end prospect (ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports) and one of the top players at his position in the country with ESPN ranking him No. 6 and 247Sports and Rivals ranking him No. 7.
• Farrell had some impressive overall rankings as well, with a No. 163 position on the ESPN.
• A Prepstar All-American.
• Farrell was a second-team Division IV Associated Press all-state selection in 2015 and also a second-team all-USA Ohio selection by USA Today after catching 33 passes for 446 yards for a 10-2, state-qualifying team.
• He had 43 receptions for 730 yards and six touchdowns as a junior for Perry, a state qualifying team with a 6-4 overall record and coached by Matt Rosati.
• Farrell was also a four-year varsity letterman for Perry’s basketball team.
• Is the son of Kelly and Matt Farrell.
• Has an older brother, Nolan, who attended Ohio State, and a sister, Celeste.
• Is majoring in human development and family science.