OSU Career Highlights
- Ohio State Scholar Athlete (2022)
Keagan McLaughlin File
2021 (Graduate at Ohio State)
- Named the 2021 Connor Senn Award winner following 2021 Fall Season
2020-21 (Senior at Notre Dame)
- Appeared in 14 games during the fall of 2020 and spring of 2021 for the Irish
- Recorded five shutouts in wins over Kentucky, Syracuse, North Carolina, Butler and Duke
- Credited with 34 saves on the year
2019 (Junior at Notre Dame)
- Made three starts in goal during his junior season.
- Won all three matches he started, recording clean sheets in each outing.
- Made his Notre Dame debut in a 1-0 win over Denver.
- Totaled five saves, including a career-high three in the 1-0 win at Michigan State.
2018 (Sophomore at Notre Dame)
- Did not play in a match.
2017 (Freshman at Notre Dame)
- Did not play in a match.
- Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Four-year soccer letterwinner at Bishop Rosecrans High School.
- Spent final three seasons as a starting goalkeeper after playing as a forward during freshman campaign.
- Bishop Rosecrans reached back-to-back state final four appearances during junior and senior seasons as a team captain.
- Invited to play in the 2016 Continental Tire All-American game following senior year after being named a USA Today Preseason All-America selection.
- Two-time NSCAA Great Lakes State Region High School team choice.
- Three-time all-state selection (first team as a junior and senior, second team as a sophomore).
- Named district player of the year each of final two high school seasons.
- Also played four seasons of basketball for Bishop Rosecrans, and was a two.
- Starting goalkeeper of the ODP Region II 2014/2015 – 98 Boys Team that competed in the Costa Rica Friendlies in February 2015 and the IMG ODP Interregional in December 2014.
- Top goalkeeper rated in the ODP Region II rankings in July 2014.
- Competed with Xtabi on the club circuit, highlighted by a Northern Ohio Cup championship victory and the 2015 Buckeye Premier Elite 1 League title.
- Received Ohio’s Governor’s award during state science day competition.
- Vice president of the National Honor Society and student body at Bishop Rosecrans.
- Has also served as president of the Spanish Club and vice president of the Key Club.
- Son of Sam and Kim McLaughlin and has one brother, Logan, and five sisters, Molly, Sara, Lily, Makaela and Jenna.
- Brother, Logan, played soccer at MIT.
Quoting Coach Maisonneuve — Keagan McLaughlin
“We are incredibly excited to add Keagan McLaughlin to our Buckeye Family. He comes to us from a successful Notre Dame program. Keagan has great experience playing games at a very high level. His presence and leadership on the field is excellent, he is a good shot stopper, and has a great frame to navigate traffic around him. He has the ability to make an immediate impact on the program and we couldn’t be more excited to add him to our roster.”