Ohio State Career Honors – ITA Midwest Region Rookie of the Year … Big Ten Rookie of the Year … First Team All-Big Ten … OSU Scholar-Athlete
Posting a singles record of 25-6 including a combined record of 19-3 in dual matches for the Buckeyes … John also finished the season 7-5 against nationally ranked opponents including a win over then No. 35 Adam Moundir of Old Dominion … John ended the 2017-18 campaign with a doubles record of 24-8 … McNally, alongside partner Mikael Torpegaard, went on a 14-match win streak from March to May helping pave the way to a Big Ten tournament title and a runner-up finish in the NCAA tournament … In addition, McNally went undefeated in conference play last season with a record of 8-0 … John went 2-3 against nationally ranked duos including a win over then No. 16 Austin Rapp of No. 2 UCLA
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- McNally was atop the junior rankings for most of his junior career and was the No. 1 ranked recruit in 2014, 2016 and 2017 by Tennisrecruiting.net.
- Rose to as high as No. 13 in the ITF World Junior Rankings
- McNally played in three of the four Junior Grand Slams in 2016, advancing to the round of 16 at Wimbledon and the doubles quarterfinals at the French Open.
- A multiple Midwest and national tournament champion, McNally won the 2014 hard court doubles title in addition to his 2016 national doubles title with JJ Wolf.
- He also won the 2014 National Hard Court 16’s singles title, the 2014 International Spring Championship in Carson, the 2014 Easter Bowl and was the 2012 US Winter nationals-AZ singles and doubles champion in the boys 14.
- Has been coached by his mother Lynn as well as Kevin O’Neill who has coached multiple ATP players