• 2017 All-American (floor)
• Three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (2016, 17, 18)
• Three-time CGA First Team All-American Scholar-Athlete (2016, 17, 18)
• Two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection (2017, 18)
• 2018 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar
Floor – 14.500*
Vault – 14.350*
Scores with asterisks are from 2017-2020 FIG Code of Points
As A Junior (2018)
• Registered a score of 14.000 on floor to place 10th at the Rocky Mountain Open.
• Second on the team with a floor readout of 14.100 against Nebraska, also scoring a season-best 13.650 on vault.
• Competed on floor (13.800) and vault (13.300) in dual vs. Michigan.
• Placed second on floor with a career-best score of 14.500 and posted a vault score of 13.250 against Penn State.
• Posted a third-place floor score of 13.500 and vault score of 13.400 at the Arnold Challenge.
• Finished second on floor with a mark of 14.100 in win against No. 2 Stanford.
• Claimed sixth on floor (13.700) and ninth on vault (13.500) vs. No. 1 Oklahoma.
• Scored a 14.300 on floor at the NCAA Championships, advancing to the finals and placing 25th.
As A Sophomore (2017)
• Earned All-America honors at the NCAA Championships with a then career-best routine of 14.400 to place sixth on the floor to help Ohio State finish second as a team.
• Scored a 13.750 on the floor at the Big Ten Championships to help Ohio State win back-to-back conference titles.
• Registered best vault of his collegiate career at the NCAA Qualifier with a 14.350.
• Finished fifth on the floor at Oklahoma with a readout of 14.250.
• Registered fifth-place finishes on the floor at the Arnold Challenge (14.050) and dual meet against UIC (12.950).
• Also placed fifth on the vault at the dual against UIC with a 13.750.
• Scored a floor routine of 13.700 against Penn State for seventh place.
• Finished sixth on floor (13.900) and ninth on vault (13.950) against Illinois.
As A Freshman (2016)
• Notched a fourth-place finish (score of 14.600) on floor in a tri-meet with William & Mary and Temple (March 20).
Prior to Ohio State
• Trained at Sterling Gymnastics under Bob Donahue and Liz Gonzalez.
• Two-time junior Olympic national qualifier.
• Fifth-place on vault at the 2015 Junior Olympic national qualifier.
• Two-time Academic All-American
• Son of Frank and Nancy Bonanno.
• Has an older sister, Samantha.
• Upon graduation, hopes to pursue a doctorate degree in physical therapy.
• Favorite pastimes include traveling and listening to Twenty One Pilots.