Ohio State Overview
• Elected to return to Ohio State for his senior season and will unquestionably be one of the leaders for the 2021 Buckeyes
• Has played in 32 games for Ohio State since 2018 and has career totals of 32 receptions for 306 yards and nine touchdowns
• Was third on the team last season with five TD receptions.
• Hauled in two touchdown catches in a win over Penn State (10/31) and versus Clemson (1/2) in the College Football Playoff Semifinal
• His showing in the Sugar Bowl included 55 yards receiving, a season high
• Played in all 14 games as a true sophomore in 2019 and made 14 catches for 142 yards and four touchdowns.
• Started against Florida Atlantic, Nebraska and Penn State
• In the season-opener against FAU, caught a career high four passes for 38 yards and two touchdowns.
• Made a spectacular one-handed 16-yard touchdown grab on the Buckeyes’ first possession of the second half in the Big Ten Championship Game vs. Wisconsin, igniting a 34-21 come-from-behind victory
• At least one catch in nine of 14 games
• Named a champion four times by the Ohio State coaching staff
• Appeared in 12 of 14 games for the Big Ten and Rose Bowl champions as a true freshman in 2018
• His one catch of the year was in the season opener, a 13-yard reception
• Majoring in human development and family science
Honors & Awards
2020: OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten
2019: OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten
2018: OSU Scholar-Athlete
More on Jeremy
• Was considered the nation’s No. 2 tight end according to both Rivals and 247Sports
• All-USA Today first-team offense selection
• Highly ranked overall with No. 31 ranking on the ESPN 300 and No. 37 overall in 247’s composite rankings
• A four-star prospect by 247Sports, ESPN and Rivals
• Led Lindenhurst to the school’s first-ever Long Island Class I title last fall
• Selected as New York’s Gatorade State Player of the Year
• Played in the U.S. Army All-American Game
• Three-time Newsday All-Long Island first team selection
• Caught 61 passes for 1,094 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior and added 61 tackles with 13 sacks and two INTs from his defensive end/linebacker position
• Career totals of 222 receptions for 3,133 yards and 37 TDs for head coach Nicholas Lombardo
• Participated in The Opening in Beaverton, Ore.
• Parents are Jamie and Bill Ruckert.