Career Honors | Bests
• Academic All-Big Ten (17, 18, 19)
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (16, 17, 18, 19)
• Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (17, 18)
• CSCAA Honorable Mention Scholar All-American
As A Senior (2018-19)
• Won the 500 Free with a time of 4:36.34 as well as the 400 IM, setting a season-best time of 3:55.41 in the preliminary at the Ohio State Winter Invitational; also finished third in the 200 Breast after recording a season-best of 2:01.34 in the preliminary.
• Swam a season-best 200 IM time of 1:51.04 at the Shamrock Invitational.
• Recorded a career-best 500 Free time of 4:35.82 at the Ohio State Invitational.
• Posted a new personal best in the 200 Free at 1:44.14 against Denison.
As A Junior (2017-18)
• Clocked a personal best in the 200 Breast with a time of 1:59.77 at the Ohio State Winter Invite.
• Also recorded a career-best 400 IM time of 3:52.71 at the Ohio State Winter Invite, placing second.
• Posted season-best times in both the 100 Breast (58.02) and the 200 Breast (2:04.18) at the Shamrock Invitational.
• Took fourth in the 100 Breast with a time of 59.28 vs. Akron.
As A Sophomore (2016-17)
• Placed first in the 100 Breaststroke at the Dual meet against Kenyon.
• Sixth in the 100 Breaststroke at Dual meet against Wright State.
• Recorded a second place finish in the 200 IM at the Ohio State Winter Invitational.
• Finished fifth in the 400 IM at the Ohio State Winter Invitational.
• Ninth fastest time in the 100 Breaststroke for the Bucks.
• Put up the fifth fastest 200 IM time for the Buckeyes.
• Had the sixth fastest time in the 400 IM this year for the Buckeyes with a time of 3:55.44
As A Freshman (2015-16)
• Swam mostly breaststroke and IM as a freshman, making his debut against Kenyon on Oct. 30.
• Had season-best marks at the Winter Invitational in the 200 breaststroke (2:03.42), 200 IM (1:50.30), and 400 IM (3:55.39).
Prior to Ohio State
• Four-year letterwinner at Village Academy.
• First Team All-Ohio selection.
• Ohio Club Swimming State Champion.
• Son of J. Kevin and Lisa McGraw.
• Has two younger siblings – Ryan and Kendall.
• Most memorable athletic moment was winning the state title in the 400 Free Relay with his club teammates as heavy underdogs.
• Chose Ohio State because it provided him with a myriad of opportunities both in and out of the classroom to develop a body of work which has made him a competitive applicant to the top medical schools in the country while at the same time allowing him to train and compete in the sport he loves at its highest level.
• Plans to attend a top-tier medical school with the goal of becoming an interventional oncologist who can leverage engineering skills with medical knowledge to develop cutting-edge medical technologies to drive innovative, compassionate patient care.
• Favorite hobbies include slalom water skiing, running, wakesurfing, reading and watch collecting.
• Also involved in the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, coaches at the Tartan Fields Country Club, is a research assistant at the OSU Comprehensive Cancer Center and volunteers with the Second & Seven Foundation.
• Awarded Most Outstanding Student in biomedical engineering at OSU.