Ohio State Overview
• Garrett is a veteran of 33 Ohio State games and the true senior will be one of the most experienced members of a defensive tackle rotation for the Buckeyes in 2020.
• A three-time Varsity O letterwinner, Garrett played in 11 games last year for the Big Ten champions, totaling 10 tackles and 2.5 tackles-for-loss.
• Recorded a career high four tackles and 1.5 TFLs in the win over Miami (Ohio) on 18 defensive snaps to earn “champion” honors from the coaching staff.
• Played a season-high 36 snaps in the season-opening win over Florida Atlantic.
• Saw action in all 14 games as a true sophomore in 2018 and contributed seven total tackles and a pass break-up for the Big Ten Conference champion Buckeyes.
• Recorded two solo tackles in the win at Maryland and had a high of 28 defensive plays in the win over Tulane.
• Garrett played in eight games as a true freshman during the 2017 season and was credited with three tackles on the season.
• Garrett is the Big Ten’s highest-graded returning defensive tackle for the 2020 season according to Pro Football Focus College (@PFF_College)
• He had a grade of 80.5 during the 2019 campaign, which is four points higher than any other returning defensive tackle in the conference
More on Haskell
• Was a consensus 4-star prospect from the national power Bishop Gorman program that went 43-0 during his three seasons and won state and overall national championships all three years.
• Garrett was a Top 50 player overall (No. 47 by Scout) and a Top 10 defensive tackle prospect, with Scout rating him No. 4, Rivals and 247Sports each ranking him sixth and ESPN No. 7.
• He led a terrific Bishop Gorman defense as a senior with 54 tackles, including 20 tackles-for-loss, 7.5 sacks and an interception.
• Had 56.5 TFLs and 25 sacks for his career, including 20.5TFLs and 11.5 sacks as a sophomore and 16 TFLs and six sacks as a junior.
• First-team Nevada all-state pick and a U.S. Army All-American.
• 4A Sunset / Southwest League defensive most valuable player.
• MaxPreps and PrepStar All-American.
• Is originally from Vermont, and briefly lived in Hawai’i after the death of his father when Garrett was 13.
• Mother is Maria Key and family member of Shelly and Ray Mook.
• Is majoring in sociology.