Career Honors | Bests
• Academic All-Big Ten (19)
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (18, 19)
• CSCAA Honorable Mention Scholar All-American (18)
As A Sophomore (2018-19)
• Took third in the 50 Breast with a personal record time of 24.54 at the CSCAA National Invitational Championship; also finished fourth in the 100 Breast (53.54).
• Finished 17th in the 100 Breast at the Big Ten Championships, clocking in at a personal best of 53.52, and posted a career-best 200 Breast ime of 1:58.53.
• Placed sixth in the 200 Breast (2:02.96) and eighth in the 100 Breast (56.31) at the Shamrock Invitational, also setting a personal best in the 200 IM of 1:55.29.
• Claimed 12th in the 100 Breast with a time of 55.07 the Ohio State Invitational and clocked a new career-best time in the 100 Fly of 53.46.
• Won the 100 Breast (55.83) vs. Virginia Tech and Penn State.
• Opened the season with a third-place finish in the 100 Breast (55.93) against Alabama.
• No. 3 on the team in the 100 Breast, No. 4 in the 200 Breast.
As A Freshman (2017-18)
• Swam a career-best 100 Breast time (54.67), finishing third at the Ohio State Winter Invite; also posted a career-best 200 Breast time, placing first (1:59.34).
• Finished sixth in the 100 Breast (55.64) and in the 200 Breast (2:02.13) at the Shamrock Invitational.
• Won the 200 Breast with a time of 2:08.43 vs. Akron and Denison.
William Penn Charter School
• Swam under the direction of Crystal Coleman and Brian Hecker for four years.
• Served as team captain during his senior year.
• 2017 two-time All-American.
• Earned Most Improved honors in 2016.
• Claimed gold in the 100 back and 200 breaststroke at the 2016 Middle Atlantic Senior Championship meet.
• Won the 100 backstroke and 200 breaststorke at the 2017 UDAC Closed Invite.
• Earned silver in the 100 long course breaststroke with a time of 1:05.36 at the 2017 Middle Atlantic Senior LC Championship.
• Son of Leigh and Joseph McFadden.
• Has two siblings (Alyssa and Owen).
• Majoring in aeronautical engineering.
• Chose Ohio State because it provides him with all of the resources needed to be successful in the pool, the classroom and career after swimming.
• Has dreams of getting a job as an aeronautical engineer to design airplanes, helicopters and some spacecraft.
• Most memorable swimming moment of his life was getting his first ever Summer Junior Nationals cut in the 100-meter breaststroke in 2016.