Prior to Ohio State
Southwest DeKalb (Decatur, Georgia) High School (19-13, 2019-20)
- Wing/guard Eugene Brown III, who was coached by his father Eugene Brown Jr., averaged 17 points and nine rebounds as a senior for the Panthers.
- In 97 career games, he scored 1,120 points, grabbed 584 rebounds while also recording 149 steals, 139 assists and 138 blocks.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution named him to its first team all-state squad. He also was named the DeKalb Country Co-Player of the Year and was a first team all-regional selection. The Georgia Coaches Association named Brown III the defensive player of the year and selected him to the senior all-star game.
- Academically, Brown III was named an all-regional academic first team and was an all-county academic first team honoree. Other honors included the David Mitchell Community Service Scholarship, Barack Obama Leadership Award and selection to the National Society of High School Scholars. He also finished among the Top 10 percent in the 2020 Graduating Class at Southwest DeKalb H.S.
- Brown III led the only teams in school history to consecutive state tournament final four appearances. His teams won regional championships in three of his four years of high school.