Personal Records: 60m – 6.72 | 100m – 10.22 | 200m – 20.39 | 400m – 52.43
Ohio State Overview
• Eric is a senior who is majoring in communications.
• He earned All-America honors as part of the Buckeyes NCAA runner-up 4×100 outdoor relay team in 2018.
• He is a veteran competitor at five Big Ten Conference track and field championships, including an outstanding meet to help the Buckeyes win the 2018 Big Ten outdoor title.
• At that 2018 outdoor meet, Eric won the 200 in 20.39, ran a leg on the Big Ten winning and record-setting 4×100-meter relay team (38.93) and placed third in the 100 (10.28).
• He was honored as Big Ten Freshman of the Year at the 2018 outdoor championships.
• He has made an individual event final six times at Big Ten championships.
• In addition to his 2018 efforts, Eric has a handful of point producing top performances at the conference championships: he placed fourth indoors in the 200 (2018; 20.87), fifth indoors in the 60 (2020; 6.72), and fifth indoors in the 200 (2020; 20.87).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Took silver in the 4x400m relay at the Miami Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge (3:12.95).
• Placed second in the 200-meter dash at the Florida Relays (21.04).
• Brought home three silver medals at the Battle on the Bayou in the 100-meter dash ( 10.23w), 4×100-meter relay ( 40.06) and 4×400-meter relay (3:10.07).
• Ran a career best time of 10.26 in the 10-meter dash at the Gamecock Invitational.
• Placed fourth in the 200-meter dash at the Gamecock Invitational (20.52).
• Won the 4×100-meter relay at the Jesse Owens Classic (39.40).
• Took third in the 100-meter dash at the Jesse Owens Classic (10.36w).
• Won two silver medals at the Simmons-Harvey Big Ten Invitational in the 60-meter dash (6.72) and 4×400-meter relay ( 3:14.02).
• Claimed gold in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.00 at the Rod McCravy Memorial Track and Field Meet.
• Took first in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.15 and second in the 60-meter dash (6.72) at the Dr. Sander Columbia Challenge.
• Ran a career best 60-meter dash time of 6.68 at the Clemson Tiger Paw Invitational.
• Took ninth at the Big Ten Championships in the 60-meter dash (6.81).
AS A FRESHMAN (2017-18)
• Garnered USTFCCCA First Team All-America honors and set the school record as part of the silver-medal 4x100m relay team with a time of 38.67 at the NCAA Championships.
• Placed fourth in the 4x100m relay with a time of 38.91 while posting a 100m time of 10.25 and 200m time of 20.27w at the NCAA East Preliminary.
• Helped the men’s team to a Big Ten Championships, winning the Big Ten title in the 200m with a career-best time of 20.39 and in the 4x100m relay with a conference meet record time of 38.93; also garnered bronze in the 100m with a time of 10.28.
• Claimed first in the 4x100m relay and the 200m (20.59w) and second in the 100m with a time of 10.74 at the Drake Relays.
• Member of the first-place 4x100m relay team (40.17) and finished second in the 100m by clocking in at 10.45 at the Jesse Owens Classic.
• Finished second in the 4x100m relay (39.31) and the 200m (20.70), posting a fourth-place finish in the 100m (10.32) at the Tennessee Relays.
• Registered a third-place finish in the 100m with a time of 10.28 at the Jim Click Shootout.
• Ran on the second-place 4x100m relay team with a time of 39.26, also finishing third in both the 100m (10.45) and the 200m (20.84) at the USC Power 5 Challenge.
• Posted a 100m time of 10.66 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge.
• Scored points for the Big Ten Champion men’s team with a fourth-place finish in the 200m (20.87) at the Big Ten Championships; also registered a 60m dash time of 6.82.
• Finished third in the 60m dash at the Buckeye Tune-Up, clocking in at 6.80.
• Claimed silver in the 200m with a time of 21.24 and clocked a 6.86 60m dash at the Music City Challenge.
• Won the 200m with a time of 21.23 and finished third in the 60m with a time of 6.79 at the Columbia Challenge.
• Added points for the Buckeyes at the Simmons-Harvey Quad with a third-place finish in both the 60m (6.85) and the 200m (21.30).
• Clocked in at 21.21 in the 200m dash for second place at the Kentucky Invitational, also finishing fifth in the 60m with a time of 6.80.
• Ran a career-best 60m time of 6.73 to open the season at the Buckeye Invitational; member of the second-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:29.63 as well.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Won two Washington Catholic Athletic Conference state titles in 2017 in the 100m (10.67) and 200m dash (21.33).
• 2017 DCSAA Indoor Track and Field state champion in the 55m dash with a time of 6.40 and 300m dash (35.11).
• Represented the United States at the IAAF World U20 Championships, winning gold in the 4x100m relay and bronze in the 100m and 200m
• Placed fourth in the 200m dash (21.47) and sixth in the 60m dash (6.84) at the 2017 New Balance Indoor Nationals earning All-America honors.
• Most Valuable Player for St. Johns High School in 2017.
• Placed fifth in the 60m dash a the 2016 New Balance Indoor Nationals with a clocking of 6.88.
• Member of Team NSAF that travelled to Cuba.
• 2017 New Balance Indoor All-American.
• Trained under coach Alonzo Ruffin.
• Son of Jaleen and Eric Harrison.
• Has one sibling (Paris).
• Majoring in communication.