• 2017 All-American (pommel horse)
• 2016-17 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar
• Three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (2016, 17, 18)
• Two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection (2017, 18)
• Two-time CGA First Team All-American Scholar-Athlete (2017, 18)
• 2018 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar
Pommel Horse – 14.500
As A Junior (2018)
• Competed on pommel at the Rocky Mountain Open.
• Second on the team on pommel against Nebraska with a score of 14.000.
• Finished fifth on pommel with a readout of 13.350 in dual vs. Michigan.
• Took third with a season-best pommel score of 14.200 against Penn State and with a score of 14.250 at the Arnold Challenge.
• Won the pommel horse with a score of 14.050 in win vs. No. 2 Stanford.
• Tied for 10th on pommel with a score of 13.550 at the Big Ten Championships.
• Competed on pommel at the NCAA Championships.
As A Sophomore (2017)
• Competed solely on the pommel horse.
• Scored a career-best 14.500 at the NCAA Championships to place eighth earning All-America honors and helping Ohio State finish in second place as a team.
• Scored a 13.450 at the Big Ten Championships to help Ohio State win its second straight conference title.
• Scored a 14.300 in a dual meet against Oklahoma to place seventh.
• Registered a fourth-place finish against UIC with a readout of 13.600.
• Placed fifth against Michigan with a routine of 13.950.
• Tallied a seventh-place finish at the season-opening Windy City Invitational with a score of 13.000.
• Earned a ninth-place showing at Illinois with a tally of 12.550.
As A Freshman (2016)
• Did not compete.
Prior to Ohio State
• Trained at Jill’s Gymnastics under coach Sean Keefe.
• Four-time Louisiana state champion.
• Four-time regional qualifier.
• One-time national qualifier.
• Two-time Level 10 team state champion.
• Sixth place at 2014 Junior Olympic National Championships.
• Four-time Academic All-American.
• Son of Tibor and Anita Szarvas.
• Has two younger siblings, Daniel and Gergely.
• Upon graduation, hopes to go to medical school to become an orthopedic surgeon or cardiologist.
• Favorite pastimes include playing sports, going to the beach and watching the New Orleans Saints with his brothers.