Career Honors | Bests
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete (19)
As A Freshman (2018-19)
• Recorded personal records in the 50 Free (20.80) and 100 Back (49.60) at the Ohio State Winter Invitational, finishing seventh and sixth, respectively; also set a season-best 100 Free time of 45.83 as the leadoff for the 400 Free Relay.
• Finished 12th in the 100 Back with a time of 50.48 at the Shamrock Invitational.
• Posted season-best times in the 200 Free (1:48.96) and the 200 Back (2:00.57) vs. Denison.
• Debuted as a Buckeye with a ninth-place finish in the 100 Free (47.63) against Alabama.
Prior to Ohio State
• Four-year letterwinner at Amity Regional High School under the direction of Todd Rainey.
• Member of the Woodbridge Aquatic Club for nine years, coached by Dave Reilly and Tom Jursynski.
• New Haven County men’s swimming MVP.
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American.
• NISCA High School All-American.
• Four-time All-State, All-Conference and All-Area/County honoree.
• Son of Claude and Lori Roy.
• Has one younger sibling.
• Chose Ohio State because it offers the perfect balance between academics and athletics.
• Member of the Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship Scholars community.
• Lists most memorable athletic moment as finishing his last championships meet with his team at the Eastern Zone Senior Championship meet in Buffalo, N.Y., and winning the 100 Free LCM.
• Plans to work in the automotive industry in engineering, research and design after graduation.
• Hobbies include water sports, cars, listening to country music and photography.