• 2016 Ohio State Scholar-Athlete
Floor – 14.150*
Rings – 14.800*
Parallel Bars – 14.150*
Scores with asterisks are from 2017-2020 FIG Code of Points
As A Junior (2018)
• Claimed third on parallel bars with a season-best score of 14.150 to open the season at the Rocky Mountain Open; also posted a seventh-place finish on rings with a readout of 14.300 and a floor score of 13.050.
• Scored a team-high and season-high of 14.150 on floor against Nebraska, while recording a 14.300 on rings and 13.700 on parallel bars.
• Posted a rings score of 14.400 in dual vs. Michigan; also competed on floor and parallel bars.
• Won the rings title with a season-best score of 14.800 and finished seventh on parallel bars with a readout of 13.300 against Penn State.
• Tied for eighth with a parallel bars score of 13.250 at the Arnold Challenge.
• Third on rings with a score of 13.350 and scored 13.100 on parallel bars in win against No. 2 Stanford.
• Placed third on the rings with a readout of 14.150 and seventh on parallel bars with a score of 13.650 vs. No. 1 Oklahoma.
• At the Big Ten Championships, tied for second on parallel bars with a score of 14.000 and finished tied for fifth at a score of 13.775 in the individual finals; also posted a 13.550.
• Recorded a 13.433 on both the rings and parallel bars at the NCAA Championships qualifying round.
As A Sophomore (2017)
• Finished ninth on the rings at the NCAA Championships with a 14.400 to help Ohio State secure runner-up honors.
• Scored a 13.750 on the rings at Big Ten Championships to assist Ohio State in winning back-to-back conference titles.
• Finished fourth at Penn State on floor with a season-best readout of 14.000.
• Earned bronze at the Arnold Challenge with a rings routine of 14.400.
• Had the fourth-highest rings score at the NCAA Qualifier to help Ohio State advance to team finals.
• Registered eighth-place finish on rings at Penn State (14.000).
• Placed ninth in dual meet against Illinois on the rings (13.700).
• Scored a 13.750 on rings at Oklahoma.
Prior to Ohio State
• Trained at Champions Gymnastics under Steven Keckler and Douglas Burton.
• 2013 Junior Olympics national champion on rings and pommel horse; third in the all-around.
• Seven-time J.O. national qualifier.
• Son of Andrew and Charmaine Coombs.
• Has two siblings, Michael and Katharine.
• Majoring in chemistry.
• Wants to pursue a career as a chemistry researcher in the U.S. Army after graduation.
• Lists his greatest sports thrill as winning J.O. Nationals on rings and pommel horse and finishing third in the all-around in 2013.