- Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2019
- Academic All-Big Ten (2018, 2019)
- Ohio State Scholar Athlete (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- CRCA National Scholar Athlete
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Coxswain for the 1V8.
- Helped the boat to a second-place finish at the 2019 Big Ten Championships and sixth-place finish at NCAA Championships.
- Named second-team Pocock All-America honoree.
Prior to Ohio State:
- Attended Notre Dame Academy
- Served as a coxswain from 2014-16 under coach Matthew Connolly
- Midwest Finalist all three years in the JV4
- Scholastic Rowing Association semifinalist in 2015 with the JV4.
- Daughter of Dr.’s Shaila and Karl Fernandes
- Has three siblings
- Majoring in English with a focus on medicine
- Has aspirations to attend medical school after graduation
- Hobbies include writing, reading, doing homework, spending time with family, doing community service, and playing the violin in her spare time
- She is also a member of the Honors College, volunteers at the James Cancer Center, is a Pen Pals Club letter writer, and has performed research at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Her greatest sports thrill was the 2019 NCAA Championships