Notable: Anchor leg of the school-record holding 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:05.09 to help the men’s team win the Big Ten Indoor conference title | 2018 USTFCCCA Indoor First Team All-American | 2018 USTFCCCA Outdoor Honorable Mention | 2018 Big Ten Indoor 4x400m relay champion
Personal Records: 200m – 21.71 | 300m – 34.92 | 400m – 46.85
AS A FRESHMAN (2017-18)
• Anchor leg of the 19th-place 4x400m relay at the NCAA Championships with a time of 3:08.04, earning a USTFCCCA Honorable Mention.
• Represented Ohio State in the 400m dash and the 4x400m relay at the NCAA East Preliminary Round, finishing eighth on the relay squad as the anchor leg (3:06.98) to qualify for Nationals.
• Placed ninth in the 400m with a time of 49.50 and ran on the ninth-place 4x400m relay team at the Big Ten Championships.
• Posted a 200m time of 21.15w and member of the second-place 4x400m relay at the Drake Relays.
• Won the 400m by clocking in at 46.89 and ran on the third-place 4x400m relay team at the Jesse Owens Classic.
• Registered a first-place sprint medley relay time (3:27.82), second-place 400m time (46.92), fourth-place 4x400m relay (3:08.38) and 13th-place 200m time (21.30w) at the Tennessee Relays.
• Clocked a career-best 400m time of 46.85 and won the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:09.50 at the USC Power 5 Challenge.
• Finished second on the 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:06.72 and seventh in the 200m with a wind-aided time of 21.41 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge.
• Garnered First Team All-America honors as the anchor leg on the 4x400m relay team at the NCAA Championships.
• Won gold as the anchor leg of the 4x400m relay at the Big Ten Championships; the quartet’s time of 3:05.09 set the school record.
• Also placed eighth in the 400m with a time of 48.29 and registered a career-best time of 21.71 in the 200m at the Big Ten Championships.
• Won the 200m with a time of 21.79 at the Buckeye Tune-Up.
• Helped the 4x400m relay team to a first-place finish with a time of 3:07.27, also placing sixth in the 400m (47.54) and 11th in the 200m (21.80) at the Music City Challenge.
• Part of the first-place 4x400m relay team with a time of 3:12.26 and finished sixth in the 400m with a time of 48.07 at the Columbia Challenge.
• Scored points for Ohio State as part of the second-place 4x400m relay team (3:10.44) and placing third in the 400m (48.11) at the Simmons-Harvey Quad.
• Posted a 200m time of 22.17 at the Kentucky Invitational.
• Registered a 300m time of 34.92 and won the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:22.71 at the Buckeye Invitational.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Set school record in the 200m dash, 400m dash, 4×100 and 4×400 in 2017.
• Was named the 2017 Savannah Morning News Track Athlete of the Year.
• Placed sixth in the 400m dash with a time of 50.15 at the 2016 GHSA 4A State Championships.
• Placed eighth at the 2017 5A GHSA State Championships in the 200m dash with a time of 22.48.
• Trained under coach Michael Moore.
• Lettered two years in track.
• Son of Tiffany and Demetris Owens.
• Has two other siblings (Alahi and Kristenee).
• Majoring in health and rehabilitation sciences.
• Aspires to become a dentist after graduation.