Ohio State Career Overview
• Played in 40 games between 2017-19 for the Buckeyes, including playing in all 14 games in 2017 as a true freshman and all 14 games as a junior in 2019
• Recorded 20 tackles as a junior when he played in over 220 plays on defense, in addition to his special teams duties
• Had two interceptions in 2019, including one in the Michigan game
• Also had interceptions during his career vs. Nebraska in 2018 and Northwestern in 2019
• Career totals of 33 tackles, three interceptions and six total passes defended
• Ohio State won Big Ten championships all three seasons: 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Majoring in sport industry.
More on Amir
• Riep was a unanimous 4-star prospect
• A four-year starter at Colerain High School
• Rated as high as the 99th overall player by Scout with Top 25 cornerback rankings by all the ratings services and a high of No. 12 by ESPN
• Helped Colerain to its 17th consecutive Greater Miami Conference championship and No. 1 state ranking before finishing 11-1 in 2016
• Despite missing three games with an injury, Riep was named all-GMC in 2016 on the strength of 20 tackles and four interceptions, giving him 15 career interceptions.
• Named all-Southwest District as a junior and a senior.
• Was the GMC defensive player of the year in 2015 with 65 tackles, three forced fumbles and city-leading seven interceptions while helping Colerain to the state semifinals.
• Is the son of Katherine Gowdy and Maurice Riep.