Notable: two-time NCAA East Preliminary Round qualifier | owns third-best outdoor 800m and fifth-best indoor 800m time in program history
Personal Records: 600m – 1:18.94 | 800m – 1:47.43 | 1,500m – 3:48.56 | Mile – 4:13.58
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18)
• Won the 800m with a time of 1:49.19 and placed fourth in the 1,500m with a time of 3:48.56 at the UCF Black and Gold Challenge (March 16-17).
• Claimed second in the 1,500m with a time of 3:48.63 and finished third in the 800m by clocking in at 1:51.59 at the USC Power 5 Challenge (March 23-24).
• Finished second in the 800m (1:49.72) and ran on the fourth-place 4x400m relay team (3:15.79) at the Jim Click Shootout (April 7).
• Took fifth place in the 1,500m with a time of 3:51.40 and was a member of the fourth-place distance medley relay team with a time of 10:00.51 (April 12).
• Member of the first-place 4x400m relay team (3:13.92) and third place in the 800m with a time of 1:52.25 at the Jesse Owens Classic (April 20-21).
• Registered a time of 1:49.88 in the 800m to finished second at the Drake Relays (April 25-28); also a member of the second-place 4×400 team (3:06.78) and placed seventh in the 1,500m (3:51.75).
• Ran the third-fastest 800m time in program history with a time of 1:47.43 in the 800m to finish fourth at the Big Ten Championships (May 11-13).
• Represented Ohio State in the 800m at the NCAA East Preliminary round, advancing to the quarterfinal and finishing 21st with a time of 1:49.94.
• Claimed third in the mile with a time of 4:18.74 at the Buckeye Invitational (Jan. 5).
• Member of the fourth-place distance medley relay team (9:59.21) and finished seventh in the mile (4:14.81) at the Kentucky Invitational (Jan. 12-13).
• Finished fourth in the 800m with a time of 1:53.54 and ran on the third-place 4x400m relay team at the Simmons-Harvey Quad (Jan. 20).
• Took gold in both the 800m (1:50.16) and as a member of the distance medley relay (9:50.29) at the Meyo Invitational (Feb. 2-3).
• Registered an 800m time of 1:51.02 at the Buckeye Tune-Up (Feb. 16), good for first.
• Placed fourth in the 800m at the Big Ten Championships (Feb. 23-24) with a time of 1:51.06 and also ran on the fourth-place distance medley relay team with a time of 9:46.21.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17)
• Garnered silver in the 800m run at the Baldy Castillo Invitational with a season-best time of 1:48.83.
• Claimed bronze in the 800m run at the Jesse Owens Classic (1:50.33).
• Helped the 4x800m relay to second-place finishes at the Florida Relays (7:24.03) and Tennessee Relays (7:31.37.
• Member of the 4x800m relay that placed fourth at the Drake Relays with a clocking of 7:26.14.
• Helped the distance medley relay squad to a seventh-place finish at the Drake Relays with a time of 10:01.17.
• Took 15th in the 800m run at the Big Ten Championships (1:49.92).
• Clocked a career-best 1,500m run time of 3:50.87 at the Raleigh Relays.
• Represented Ohio State in the 800m run at the NCAA East Preliminaries.
• Clocked the fifth-fastest 800m run time in program history in the preliminary rounds at the Big Ten Championships with a time of 1:49.38; took eighth in the finals of the 800m run at the Big Ten Championships (1:49.91); also a member of the distance medley relay squad that place ninth at the Big Ten Championships (9:55.29).
• Took second in the 600m run at the Meyo Invitational with a career-best readout of 1:18.94; also took fourth in the 800m run with a time of 1:50.04.
• Member of the distance medley relay (9:55.42) and 4x400m relay (3:13.35), both of which placed second at the Kentucky Invitational; registered an 800m run time of 1:52.71 to finish fourth.
• Garnered bronze in the 800m run at the Tyson Invitational with a time of 1:50.97.
• Helped the 4x400m relay squad place third at the Auburn Invitational with a clocking of 3:18.41; placed fifth in the 800m run with a readout of 1:52.76.
• Member of the 4x400m relay that earned a fourth-place showing at the Buckeye Classic (3:28.44); ran a career-best time in the mile (4:13.58) to finish fifth.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Won 13 state titles at Fork Union Military Academy.
• Named 2016 All-American in the 800m run with a time of 1:48.67, the fifth-fastest time in the country.
• Twelve-time prep league individual champion.
• 2014 All-American in the sprint medley relay.
• Older brother, Lopez Lomong, is a two-time US Olympian.
• Brother Peter Lomong is a mid-distance runner at Northern Arizona University.
• Majoring in psychology.