Feb. 24, 2007
Recap | Box Score
– Through six games this season, all of Ohio State’s 38 hits have been either singles or home runs. The Buckeyes have 32 singles and six homers.
– Jamee Juarez’s RBI single in the first inning was her 98th career RBI. When she reaches 100 RBI, she will be the third Buckeye to do so.
– The home run for Courtney Pruner was her first of the season and eighth of her career. Her seven home runs last year were the second-most ever by an OSU freshman.
– The complete game from Kim Reeder was Ohio State’s first in six games this year. Last season, Buckeye pitchers tossed 33 complete games in 62 outings.
– Ohio State and BYU met for the first time in softball Friday.
– BYU entered the Palm Springs Classic with a three-game win streak which began Feb. 16 in Las Vegas with a 2-1 win over then-No. 6 Oregon State. BYU junior right fielder Emi Snow is the current Mountain West Conference Player of the Week but did not player against Ohio State.
– BYU has 11 letterwinners back from its 2006 team that went 43-22, finished second in the Mountain West Conference and went 1-2 at NCAA regionals. All five of Ohio State’s opponents this weekend at the Palm Springs Classic played in the NCAA tournament a year ago and one, Texas, advanced to the Women’s College World Series.
### GO BUCKS! ###