Dec. 22, 2016
Ohio State 79 (10-3 0-0 B1G), UNC Asheville 77 (8-5, 0-0 Big South)
Dec. 22, 2016
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The Buckeyes’ next game will be on the road against the University of Illinois Jan. 1 at a time TBA.
- The victory brought Ohio State’s record to 6-0 all-time against UNC Asheville.
- The Buckeyes are now 15-0 all-time against the teams that currently make up the Big South.
- Ohio State has held all 13 opponents to under 50 percent shooting this season.
- The Buckeyes are 10-2 on the season when leading with five minutes left to play.
- Ohio State is now 7-2 this season in games in which it scores 70 or more points.
- The Buckeyes are now 1-2 in contests decided by two points or less this season.
- Ohio State allowed a season-high 45.8 percent from behind the 3-point line on the night.
- The Buckeyes outrebounded the Bulldogs 39-28 in the contest.
- Ohio State is 8-1 on the season when winning the battle on the boards.
- The Buckeyes attempted a season-low 10 3-pointers on the night.
- The last time Ohio State attempted 10 or fewer 3-pointers was vs. Wisconsin Feb. 1, 2014 when the Buckeyes attempted only nine.
- Ohio State is now 7-0 this season when committing 15 or fewer turnovers after committing only 13 in the contest.
- The Buckeyes outscored the Bulldogs 48-26 in the paint on the night.
- The Buckeyes are 268-31 when leading at half under Matta and 9-2 this season.
- Matta-coached teams are 151-10 when shooting over 50 percent from the floor and 7-1 this season.
- Matta-coached squads are now 290-31 all-time when shooting better than their opponents, and 8-2 this season.
- With Matta at the helm, Ohio State is 80-16 (.833) in the month of December.
- Ohio State is now 50-22 under Matta when their opponent makes 10 or more 3-pointers and 3-2 this season.
- Thompson recorded his fourth double-double of the season and the seventh of his career putting up 14 points and 10 rebounds while adding a block.
- He has now recorded double-doubles in back-to-back games for the first time in his career.
- Loving racked up 11 points, three rebounds, three assists and two blocks in the contest.
- He now has seven double-figure scoring efforts on the season.
- Tate tallied 17 points, six rebounds, three assists and two steals in the contest.
- He has now scored in double figures in 12 of 13 games this season.
- Lyle scored 17 points, dished out six assists and added two rebounds on the night.
- It was his eighth double-figure scoring effort of the season.