Feb. 13, 2016
Ohio State 79 (16-10, 8-5 B1G), Rutgers 69 (6-19, 0-12 B1G)
Feb. 13, 2016
Louis Brown Athletic Center – Piscataway, New Jersey
- Ohio State and the Scarlet Knights are meeting for just the fourth time in history and in just the third game as members of the Big Ten Conference.
- The Buckeyes lead the series 3-1 after the win tonight and a 94-68 win earlier this season in Columbus
- Ohio State is 2-0 in Piscataway against Rutgers, winning the first meeting 79-60 on Feb. 8, 2015
- Ohio State is 791-698 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten.
- The Buckeyes outrebounded Rutgers 46-33, the 12th time this season Ohio State has recorded a rebound advantage. Ohio State is 12-0 in such games.
- Ohio State is 16-0 on the season when leading with 5:00 to go in the game and 293-14 under Thad Matta in that situation.
- Ohio State is 278-17 when gaining a 10+ point lead and is 22-70 under Thad Matta
- Keita Bates-Diop and Jae’Sean Tate both recorded a double-double for the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes have now recorded 17 double-doubles this season
- This is the second time this season Tate and Bates-Diop have both recorded a double-double in the same game.
- This is the sixth time this season two players have recorded a double-double in the same game
- The Buckeyes led 35-26 at halftime and are now 13-3 when leading at the half this season.
- Ohio State shot 51 pct. (31-61) from the field and have now recorded a 50+ field goal percentage five times this season
- The Buckeyes tied their season-high for three pointers with nine. Ohio State last accomplished the feat vs. Kentucky Dec. 19, 2015
- Rutgers was held to 3 three pointers on 20 attempts. While under the direction of Matta, Ohio State is 97-23 when holding opponents to less than five made 3s.
- Matta is 315-104 during his career at Ohio State and 417-135 overall as a head coach.
- Matta is 3-0 vs Rutgers
- The Buckeyes are 140-65 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta.
- In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 166-75 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 162-72 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 55-28 in the month of February.
- Williams recorded 19 points of Ohio State’s 21 bench points
- Tate recorded his fourth career double-double with a season-high 22 points and 13 rebounds
- Tate last recorded a double-double on Jan. 21<span style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; -webkit-user-select: text; -webkit-user-drag: none; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; cursor: text; white-space: normal; vertical-alig