Nov. 14, 2016
Ohio State 69 (2-0, 0-0 B1G), North Carolina Central 63 (0-2, 0-0 MEAC)
Nov. 14, 2016
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The Buckeyes are now 97-17 in home openers all-time.
- Their last loss in a home opener was a 59-57 loss to Notre Dame on Nov. 16, 1999.
- This matchup marks the 1st meeting all-time between Ohio State and North Carolina Central.
- Ohio State is 19-0 all-time against the teams currently in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- The Buckeyes’ last game against a MEAC opponent was 97-55 victory over North Carolina A&T on Dec. 17, 2014.
- The Buckeyes start the season 2-0 for the 13th consecutive year (2004-present)
- The Buckeyes forced 20 opponent turnovers in the contest, the 50th game of 20+ in Ohio State history. The Buckeyes are 49-1 in these contests.
- North Carolina Central recorded only 4 steals in the contest, Ohio State is 181-37 (.830) in games in which their opponent records fewer than five steals.
- N.C. Central shot only nine free throws in the contest, the last opponent to held under 10 free throw attempts was Michigan State Feb. 23, 2016.
- Ohio State out rebounded Navy to 33-18 on the defensive glass in the contest, the Buckeyes are now 117-8 when holding opponents under 20 defensive rebounds.
- Ohio State outscored N.C. Central 38-28 in the paint.
- Thad Matta is 322-108 (.749) during his career at Ohio State and 424-139 (.753) overall as a head coach.
- Matta is now 180-7 in Columbus vs. unranked opponents, with only four losses to non-conference opponents in his twelve seasons.
- Matta coached teams have started 2-0 in all 13 seasons at Ohio State.
- Matta is 261-29 (.900) all-time when his team leads at half and 2-0 this year.
- With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 58-9 (.866) in the month of November.
- The Buckeyes are now 268-42 (.865) against unranked opponents under Matta
- Potter started his second career game, recording his first career points scoring 13 points while going three of four from downtown.
- Last Buckeye to make his first three point attempt was JaQuan Lyle and Austin Grandstaff Nov. 15, 2016 against Mount St. Marys.
- Jackson contributed a team leading eight assists to go along with three points and two steals in his time off the bench.
- Jackson has led the Buckeyes in assists in both games this season, dishing out nine against Navy Nov. 11, 2016.
- Tate put up a team high 21 points while adding 10 rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- This is Tate’s first double-double of the season and the sixth of his career, his last coming Feb. 20, 2016 against Nebraska.