Jan. 28, 2016
Ohio State 68 (14-8, 6-3 B1G), Illinois 63 (10-11, 2-6 B1G)
Jan. 28, 2015
State Farm Center—Champaign, Illinois
• This was the 172nd meeting all time between the Buckeyes and the Illini. Illinois leads the all-time series with the Buckeyes, 101-71.
• Ohio State is 25-60 in Champaign all time, with the Buckeyes winning the last six overall matchups.
• Ohio State is 789-696 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten.
• Ohio State went 27-69 from the floor, attempting the most field goals against Illinois in the Thad Matta era.
• Ohio State grabbed 51 rebounds, the most by a Thad Matta-coached Buckeye team against the Illini.
• The Buckeyes held the Illini to nine made three pointers. Ohio State is 171-62 when holding opponents to five to nine made threes.
• Illinois shot 18-56 for the game. Ohio State has held 90 opponents to fewer than 20 FGM under Thad Matta. The Buckeyes are 86-4 in those games.
• Illinois shot 32 percent from the floor. Under Matta, the Buckeyes have held 78 opponents to 35 percent shooting or less. The Buckeyes are 76-2 in those games.
• Thad Matta claimed the No. 14 (tie) spot all-time in career Big Ten regular season victories with his 138th win. He is now tied with Northwestern’s Arthur Lonborg.
• Matta is 313-102 (.756) during his career at Ohio State and 415-133 (.758) overall as a head coach.
• Matta is now 8-10 in overtimes games at Ohio State.
• The Buckeyes are 138-63 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta.
• In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 164-73 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 160-70 while coaching the Buckeyes.
• With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 65-32 (.667) in the month of January.
• Matta is now 17-5 against the Illini, 6-4 in Champaign.
• Keita Bates-Diop went for 15 points and a career high 12 rebounds, recording the fourth double-double of his career.
• Bates-Diop played his 1000th minute as a Buckeye.
• Jae’Sean Tate scored 9 points and grabbed three rebounds.
• Tate was 4-8 from the field and 1-1 from three-point range.
• Marc Loving scored 11 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, also recording the fourth double-double of his Buckeye career.
• Loving’s 10 rebounds give him 300 in his career at Ohio State.
• Trevor Thompson scored a career-high 16 points on a perfect 7-7 shooting night to go along with five rebounds.