Jan. 16, 2016
Ohio State 65 (12-7, 4-2 B1G), No. 3 Maryland 100 (16-2, 5-1 B1G)
Jan. 16, 2015
XFinity Center— College Park, MD
- This matchup marks the 8th meeting all-time between Ohio State and Maryland and the first time Ohio State has traveled to Maryland in Big Ten Conference Play. Ohio State is now 5-3 in the series.
- The Buckeyes are 1-3 all-time vs. the Terrapins in College Park. Ohio State last played at Maryland Dec. 11, 1984 in a 76-73 loss. The 76-73 outcome was Ohio State’s last loss to Maryland
- Ohio State is now 3-1 vs. ranked Maryland teams
- The last meeting was Jan. 29, 2015 as the Buckeyes defeated No. 16 Maryland 80-56 in Columbus
- Ohio State is 787-695 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten
- Ohio State has played 407 times vs. AP Top-25 teams and is now 160-247 (.934) in such games.
- The Buckeyes have played 62 games all-time vs. AP Top-3 teams and are now 23-40 in those matchups.
- The Buckeyes have played 19 times vs. No. 3 teams and are now 6-13 in those games. The last time Ohio State faced a third ranked team was Feb. 5, 2013 as the No. 10 Buckeyes fell to Michigan 74-76 in overtime
- Ohio State is now 1-1 this season when facing an AP Top-5 team. The last time was Dec. 19 as the Buckeyes defeated No. 4 Kentucky 74-67 in Brooklyn, New York
- The last time Ohio State allowed an opponent to score 100 points or more was Feb. 7, 1998 as Purdue scored 107
- Maryland shot 63 pct. (37-59) from the field, the highest ever against a Matta coached Ohio State team. The previous high was 61.2 pct. (30-49) set by Florida in an Ohio State road win (93-75) Nov. 16, 2010
- The only other teams to reach 60 pct. were Illinois in Champaign Jan. 10 2012 and UConn in Storrs, Conn., Dec. 12, 2015. Illinois won 79-74 while shooting 27-45/.600 from the field. The Huskies shot .604 (32-53) in a 75-55 win vs. OSU
- The 52 points recorded by Maryland in the second half is the most this season by an opponent. The previous high was 47 by Illinois on Jan. 3
- Ohio State posted nine steals and has now recorded nine or more in five games this season
- Ohio State recorded 12 offensive rebounds and outscored the Terrapins 13-11 in points in the paint
- Matta is 311-101 (.756) during his career at Ohio State and 413-132 (.758) overall as a head coach.
- The Buckeyes are 136-62 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta, 54-46 (.540) on the road
- In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 162-72 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 158-69 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- Under the direction of Thad Matta the Buckeyes are 1-2 this season and 53-61 overall vs. ranked teams
- With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 64-31 (.673) in the month of January.
- Matta is now 2-2 against the Terrapins.
- Tate scored 12 points to go with five rebounds, two assists, and three steals
- Tate scored his 200th point of the season and 500th of his career. Tate now has 510 points overall as a Buckeye
- Tate has recorded double-digit points in 12 games and has now put up 10 or more points and recorded five or more rebounds eight times.
- Bates-Diop posted a team-high 15 points while adding five rebounds, one assist, a block and a steal.
- Bates-Diop has now recorded double-digit points in 15 games
- Thompson recorded 10 points, seven rebounds and three blocks