Feb. 20, 2016
Ohio State 65 (18-10, 10-5 B1G), Nebraska 62 (14-13, 6-8 B1G)
Feb. 20, 2016
Pinnacle Bank Arena – Lincoln, Nebraska
- This matchup marked the 16th meeting all-time between Ohio State and Nebraska. The Buckeyes lead the overall series 13-3.
- Ohio State is 4-2 all-time against Nebraska in Lincoln
- Ohio State is 793-698 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten.
- The Buckeyes are now 2-1 this season in overtime games. Ohio State fell 81-76 to Memphis in overtime on Nov. 27, 2015 and defeated Illinois 68-63 on Jan. 28, 2016.
- The last time the Buckeyes recorded two overtime wins in a season was the 1989-1990 season as Ohio State defeated Louisville 91-88 in overtime on Feb. 4, 1990 and Indiana 97-95 in double overtime on Feb. 17, 1990
- Only four players scored for Ohio State as JaQuan Lyle recorded 19 points, Marc Loving and Jae’Sean Tate had 15 and Keita Bates-Diop had 16
- The Buckeyes outrebounded the Cornhuskers 49-40 and are now 13-0 when recording a rebound advantage this season
- Ohio State made 20 free throws on 26 attempts, the second most this season. The Buckeyes made 28 free throws on 39 attempts against Illinois on Jan. 3, 2016.
- Ohio State outscored the Cornhuskers 36-16 in points in the paint
- Ohio State is 18-0 on the season when leading with 5:00 to go in the game and 295-14 under Thad Matta in that situation.
- Ohio State is 280-17 when gaining a 10+ point lead under Thad Matta. The largest lead the Buckeyes gained tonight was 11 with 10:16 remaining in the second half.
- The Buckeyes trailed 22-21 at halftime and are now 5-6 after trailing at the break this season
- The Cornhuskers recorded a season-high 35 three point attempts for an opponent this season. The previous high was 32 by Illinois Jan. 3, 2016.
- Andrew White III was held to 14 points on 3-17 (.176) shooting. White III was averaging 17.5 points per game with a .513 field goal percentage coming into the matchup.
- Nebraska was held to a season-low 27 pct. field goal percentage on 19-70 shooting. The Cornhusker’s previous low was .318 (21-66) vs. Marlyand Feb. 3, 2016
- The Cornhuskers attempted a season-high 70 field goals, also tying the most by a Buckeye opponent this season. South Carolina State attempted 70 on Dec. 27, 2015 and Louisiana Tech attempted 70 on Nov. 24, 2015.
- Matta is 317-104 during his career at Ohio State and 419-135 overall as a head coach.
- Matta is 9-1 overall vs. Nebraska, including a 3-1 record in Lincoln.
- The Buckeyes are 142-65 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta.
- In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 168-75 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 164-72 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 57-28 in the month of February.
- Ohio State is 9-10 in overtime games under Matta
- Tate recorded his 5th career double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds
- Tate last recorded a double-double with 22 points and 13 rebounds at Rutgers Feb. 13
- Tate has recorded a rebound in every game this season
- Loving recorded his 800th career point
- Loving scored 15 points and has now recorded double digit points in 19 games this season
- Lyle recorded a game-high 19 points to go with seven rebounds and three assists
- Lyle had zero points at halftime as he scored 13 in the second half and six in overtime
- Thompson recorded 10 rebounds, the fourth time this season he’s recorded double digit rebounds
- Bates-Diop recorded 16 points to go along with 4 rebounds, one block and two steals
- Bates-Diop has recorded double digit points 20 times this season