Dec. 1, 2016
Ohio State 61 (6-1, 0-0 B1G), Virginia 63 (7-0, 0-0 ACC)
Nov. 30, 2016
Jon Paul Jones Arena – Charlottesville, Va.
• This was the 15th time the Buckeyes have taken part in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge sporting a record of 6-9 in the event.
• Ohio State is 3-3 all-time against Virginia and 1-2 in Charlottesville.
• The Buckeyes are 67-46 all-time against the teams that currently make up the Atlantic Coast Conference.
• The Cavaliers gave up a season high 61 points in the contest.
• Ohio State shot a season high 84.6 percent (11/13) from the line on the night.
• Ohio State scored 33 points in the paint in the contest
• Matta now is 53-67 (.442) vs. ranked opponents in his tenure at Ohio State.
• When shooting 50 percent or higher from the field Matta squads are 148-10 all-time and 4-1 this season.
• Matta coached teams are 286-18 when leading by 10 or more points at any point in a game and 6-1 this season.
• Matta teams are 214-2 at Ohio State when owning at least a 15 point lead at any point in a game (32-16 in first half vs. UVA).
• When leading with five minutes to go, Thad Matta coached teams are now 303-15 and 6-1 this season.
• Matta is 265-30 (.899) all-time when his team leads at half and 6-1 on the season.
• With Matta at the helm, Ohio State is 62-10 (.861) in the Month of November.
• JaQuan Lyle scored 12 points to go with five assists, three rebounds, two steals and a block in the game.
• This was his fifth consecutive double figure scoring effort.
• Marc Loving put up a well-rounded effort scoring seven points while adding six rebounds, four assists and a block in a season high 39 minutes
• C.J. Jackson scored nine points to go with three assists, four rebounds and a steal off the bench for the Buckeyes.
• Jackson made a career high three 3-pointers in the contest
• Jae’Sean Tate put up 14 points, nine rebounds, one assist and one block on the night.
• Tate has now scored in double figures in six of the seven games this season.