Feb. 25, 2007
Recap | Box Score
– Only three teams have scored 10 or more runs against Cal this season, including Ohio State, defending national runner-up Northwestern and undefeated Oklahoma.
– Ohio State’s two wins over ranked teams this weekend are the first for the Buckeyes at a neutral site since beating No. 20 Oregon and No. 19 Arizona State in Tempe in Feb. 2004.
– Jamee Juarez’s 100 career RBI put her in a group of three at Ohio State who own 100 or more RBI, including Stacy Roth (1999-02) with 166 and Kristine Himes (2000-03) with 138.
– Freshman pitcher Megan Miller received a no-decision in first collegiate start Saturday, but she already has a win this season, that coming in relief in Ohio State’s season-opening win against New Mexico.
– Cal won the 2002 national championship, but fell to Ohio State in 2003, which stands as the Buckeyes’ only win over a defending national champion. Overall, the all-time series between Cal and Ohio State is tied, 4-4.
– Cal won the Iowa regional last May before falling to Oregon State in the Super Regional. The Golden Bears were 48-14 in 2006 and have seven position starters back.
– Cal shortstop Alex Sutton is on the watch list for the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year. She went 2-for-2 with two RBIs against Ohio State Saturday.
### GO BUCKS! ###