No. 21 Ohio State 76 (14-5, 4-3), Northwestern 56 (13-5, 2-4)
Jan. 19, 2010
Value City Arena
- Ohio State leads the overall series with a 107-45 advantage vs. the Wildcats. The Buckeyes are 64-14 in Columbus vs. Northwestern. Ohio State has won the last 27 games in Columbus vs. Northwestern. The Wildcats last win in Columbus was an 83-72 victory Feb. 24, 1977 at St. John Arena.
- The Buckeyes, No. 21 in the latest Associated Press Poll, is 30-2 vs. the Wildcats as a ranked team.
- Ohio State’s starting lineup of Evan Turner, David Lighty, Jon Diebler, William Buford and Dallas Lauderdale is 9-1 this season.
- The Buckeyes are 12-0 in Value City Arena this season.
- OSU is 13-2 this season when leading at the half, 118-17 under Matta. The Buckeyes are 13-0 when leading with 5 minutes left in the game, 127-5 under Matta.
- The team is shooting 53.3 percent from the field (351-of-659) and 42.1 percent from behind the arc (110-of-261) at Value City Arena this season.
- Ohio State outscored Northwestern 14-2 in the paint in the first half.
- Ohio State held Northwestern to shooting 18-of-47 (38.3 percent) from the field. Ohio State is 14-5 when holding its opponent to less than 50 percent this season.
- Ohio State outrebounded the Wildcats 35-27 in the game. Ohio State is 8-2 this season when collecting more rebounds than its opponent.
- The Buckeyes went on a 15-3 run 5:09 into the first half. During the run, Ohio State was a perfect 7-of-7 from the field.
- At 6:10 left in the first half, Ohio State was 12-of-17 (71 percent) from the floor and held Northwestern to 2-of-15 (13 percent), leading 28-10.
- Ohio State led Northwestern 40-17 in the first half. The 17 points allowed by the Buckeyes is tied for the fewest first half points by an opponent this season. The Buckeyes held Delaware State to 17 in the first half Dec. 19, 2009.
- Matta’s career record is now 243-82 in his 10th season all-time as a head coach. He is 141-51 in his sixth year at Ohio State and 9-1 vs. Northwestern.
- Under Matta, Ohio State is 115-20 overall against unranked opponents, 10-2 this season.
- At home against unranked opponents under Matta, Ohio State is 82-2 overall and 10-0 for the 2009-10 campaign.
- Under Matta in the month of January, Ohio State is 31-18 overall and 4-2 this season.
- Turner finished the game with 20 points, 13 rebounds and eight assists.
- Turner garnered his seventh double-double of the season against the Wildcats and 18th of his career. It is Turner’s first double-double since he scored 25 points with 13 rebounds against Florida State Dec. 2, 2009.
- Turner now has 56 career games with 10 or more points. He has had 11 games this season with 10 or more points. He has also scored 20 points or more in 18 career games.
- Turner’s eight assists makes him the second Buckeye in school history to record 1,000 pts. 500 rebounds and 300 assists – Jimmy Jackson is the only other Buckeye hold the honor. Turner has 1,127 points, 524 rebounds and 301 assists.
- Turner now has 400 field goals in his career after claiming seven tonight against Northwestern (7-of-11).
- Lauderdale scored a career-high 14 points to go along with six rebounds. Lauderdale has scored in double figures seven times this season.
- Lauderdale connected on 6-of-6 field-goal attempts. For the season, he is shooting 52-of-68 from the field (76.5 percent), tops in the Big Ten.
- He is 36-of-41 (87.8 percent) at Value City Arena.
- Diebler has made at least one 3-pointer in his past 29 games, dating to last season. The last time Diebler went scoreless from behind the arc was Feb. 14, 2009, in an 0-of-3 effort against Wisconsin.
- Diebler scored 17 points, shooting 6-of-11 from the field with three 3-pointers.
- Diebler tied his season-high in assists with five. Diebler collected five assists against Eastern Michigan Dec. 5, 2009.