September 1, 2018

Postgame Notes: No. 5 Ohio State 77, Oregon State 31


Ohio State vs. Oregon State Links

Recap | Ohio State Football Postgame Press Conference: Oregon State | 🎥 Highlights: No. 5 Ohio State 77, Oregon State 31 | 📸 No. 5 Ohio State vs. Oregon State | Ohio State vs. Oregon State Gameday Magazine | Postgame Notes

No. 5 Ohio State 77, Oregon State 31
Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
Attendance: 102,169

  • The win today was Ohio State’s 19th consecutive season-opening victory, the longest active streak in the FBS.
  • The 77 points is tied for the most by an Ohio State team in a season-opener (77 vs. Bowling Green in 2016).
  • Ohio State’s 721 yards of total offense is the second-most yards in a single-game in OSU history behind 776 yards in 2016 against Bowling Green.
  • Dwayne Haskins Jr. threw for 313 yards and five touchdowns on the day. Both totals are the most for a Buckeyes QB in his first career start.
  • Ohio State now has 30 300-yard passing performances in its history with Haskins eclipsing the mark late in the third quarter.
  • Mike Weber set a career high with 186 rushing yards on 20 carries and tied a career high with three touchdown runs. His second quarter touchdown catch marked his first career receiving touchdown.
  • Brian Snead and Master Teague both recorded the first touchdowns of their careers in the fourth quarter.
  • Terry McLaurin notched his first 100-yard receiving game with a career-high 121 yards. He had two touchdown receptions which was also a career high, giving him 10 for his career.
  • Nick Bosa had two sacks which was a career high and his second overall and consecutive multi-sack game (1.5 vs. USC in 2017). He also recovered a pair of fumbles — one for a touchdown — marking the second and third fumble recoveries of his career.
  • Ohio State had 10 first-time starters: Dwayne Haskins Jr., Thayer Munford, Malcolm Pridgeon, Luke Farrell,
    Robert Landers, Jonathon Cooper, Baron Browning, Pete Werner, Isaish Pryor and Jahsen Wint.
  • The game was delayed for an hour and 12 minutes with heavy rain and lightning in the Columbus area. Play resumed at 3:10 p.m.