No. 3 Ohio State (4-0) 64, Morehead St. 45 (2-3)
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
November 23, 2010
- Ohio State’s three returning starters for the game – David Lighty, Jon Diebler and Dallas Lauderdale – have combined for 308 career starts and 413 games played.
- Ohio State is 126-23 (.845) at Value City Arena, improving to 72-5 vs. non-conference opponents.
- As a ranked team, Ohio State is 364-105 all-time.
- Ohio State improved to 25-6 when ranked No. 3 in the country, and 102-17 when ranked among the Top 3 in the country.
- When ranked in the Top 10 nationally, Ohio State is 244-56 with wins in 35 of the last 37 outings.
- Ohio State freshmen have accounted for 51 percent of total scoring for the season, including 48 percent Tuesday vs. Morehead State.
- Jared Sullinger and Aaron Craft were the first freshman duo to start for Ohio State since William Buford and B.J. Mullens on Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
- Ohio State is now 3-0 vs. Morehead State and 12-0 vs. teams from the OVC (Ohio Valley Conference.
- Attendance for the game against Morehead State was 12,305.
- Coach Tressel and 24 seniors on the Ohio State football team will be honored at halftime of the OSU vs. Miami game Friday, Nov. 26.
- Thad Matta improved his career record to 262-53 overall and 160-54 at Ohio State.
- Matta is 81-17 vs. non-conference competition at Ohio State and 79-37 vs. Big Ten foes (regular season and Big Ten tournament games) for an overall record of 160-54. He also is 102-10 in Columbus.
- During Matta’s tenure at Ohio State, the Buckeyes are 146-5 when leading with five minutes to play. The Buckeyes are 145-17 when shooting better than the opponent.
- When leading at the half, Matta’s teams are 133-19.
- With the win, Ohio State is 30-6 in November under Coach Matta.
- Matta is now 2-0 vs. Morehead St.
- Against unranked teams at home, Matta is 90-2 and 133-20 vs. unranked teams overall.
- Senior Jon Diebler made four 3-pointers, pushing his Ohio State career record to 274.
- With four 3-pointers, Diebler extends his streak to 20 games with at least one 3-pointer made.
- With 20 points against Morehead State, Diebler passed Ron Sepic (1,107 points) and is tied with Curtis Wilson (1,020) for 35th-place all-time in career scoring.
- Senior David Lighty put up 11 points against Morehead State to move his career total to 1,069. He also added 5 rebounds and 7 assists.
- Freshman Deshaun Thomas scored in double figures for the second time this season. He was second on the team in scoring with 16 points. He also grabbed seven rebounds in the contest against the Eagles.
- Aaron Craft made his first career start Tuesday vs. Morehead State.
- William Buford did not play vs. Morehead State because of back spasms.
- This is the first game Buford has not started for the Buckeyes since Dec. 12, 2008 vs. Iona.
- Buford had started 65-consecutive games for Ohio State dating back to Dec. 22, 2008 vs. UNC Asheville.