Jan. 31, 2017
Maryland 77 (20-2, 8-1 B1G), Ohio State 71 (13-10, 3-7 B1G)
Jan. 31, 2017
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
– The Buckeyes head to Ann Arbor to take on the Wolverines Saturday at 6 p.m. ET.
– The all-time series with Maryland is tied 5-5.
– The Buckeyes are 3-2 against the Terrapins in Columbus.
– Ohio State is 3-3 versus ranked Maryland teams.
– Maryland shot 49.1 percent from the field in the contest.
– Ohio State has held 21 of its 23 opponents to under 50 percent shooting from the field this season.
– The Buckeyes shot 41.2 percent from long range for the night.
– Ohio State scored 18 points off 10 Maryland turnovers.
– The Buckeyes are now 10-7 in games in which they score 70 or more points.
– Thad Matta is 3-3 versus Maryland in his tenure at Ohio State.
– Matta is 169-82 against Big Ten opponents while coaching the Buckeyes.
– Ohio State is now 63-46 against Big Ten teams when the game is decided by 10 or less points under Matta.
– The Buckeyes are 50-25 when opponents make 10 or more 3-pointers in the Matta era.
– Jae’Sean Tate led the Buckeyes in scoring with 20 points, adding four rebounds, four assists, a block and two steals in the contest.
– Tate started the game off hot scoring 13 points on 5-for-7 shooting in the first half.
– Tate has now scored in double figures nine consecutive games and 21 of 23 games for the season.
– Marc Loving put up 18 points while adding five rebounds and three assists on the night.
– Loving has now scored in double figures in four of the last six contests.
– JaQuan Lyle led the Buckeyes in assists with six while adding nine points and a steal on the night.
– Lyle has recorded six assists in four Big Ten contests this season.
– Thompson recorded nine points, nine rebounds and two steals off the bench for the Buckeyes.