Feb. 28, 2004
Recap| Box Score
– After making three relief appearances earlier this season, including twice Friday, Buckeye pitcher Chelsea Baker made her first start of the season. In 15.1 innings pitched this season, she has allowed just one earned run.
– Ohio State tied a season-high with three stolen bases in the game.
– Saturday night marked the first meeting in history between Virginia Tech and Ohio State in softball.
– Virginia Tech is the first opponent for Ohio State this season that did not qualify for the 2003 NCAA Tournament. The Buckeyes’ first eight opponents in 2004 all were postseason selections last May.
– The United States Olympic Team is also in Columbus, Ga., this weekend playing a five-game schedule against NCAA teams. The complex’s main venue, South Commons Stadium, is located beside Field Six, where the Buckeyes and Hokies met. The U.S. team played Army and Arizona State Saturday night.