Feb. 29, 2004
Recap| Box Score
– Kristi DeVries’ strikeout total of eight batters is not only her season-high, but also ties her season-high from all of last season in which she racked up 139 strikeouts.
– The win vs. No. 24 Cal State-Fullerton Sunday marked Ohio State’s third win over a ranked team this season.
– The three Ohio State players that had two hits in the game, Meghan Rowlands, Jennifer Johnson and Nycole Koyano, all recorded their first multi-hit games of the season.
– Meghan Rowlands is now 5-for-8 at the plate at the NFCA Leadoff Classic to raise her season batting average to .300 (6-for-20).
– Cal State-Fullerton leads the all-time series against Ohio State, 12-3, but the Buckeyes have won the last two meetings vs. the Titans. These two teams met a year ago on March 2, with the Buckeyes taking a 1-0 win at the Cal State-Fullerton/Worth Invitational.
– Cal State-Fullerton finished 41-15 last season and was selected for the NCAA tournament. Eight of Ohio State’s first nine opponents so far in 2004 were postseason selections in 2003.
– The United States Olympic Team is also in Columbus, Ga., this weekend playing a five-game schedule against NCAA teams. The U.S. team run-ruled each of its first four opponents and will face Georgia at 5 p.m. Sunday in the Classic’s final game.