Feb. 28, 2004
Recap | Box Score
– The homerun by Karisa Evans was her first of the season and the second of her career. Her three-hit performance was also her first of the season and second of her career and marks her team-leading third multiple-hit game of the season.
– Jamee Juarez’s homerun was the second of the season for the freshman. Her victory on the mound gives her the win in all four Buckeye wins this season.
– In addition to the game-winning RBI, Megan Schwab went 2-for-4 for her second multi-hit game of the season.
– After combining for four hits in two games Friday, the Buckeyes tied a season-high with nine hits in the win vs. Florida Atlantic Saturday.
– Florida Atlantic leads the all-time series against Ohio State, 3-2. These two teams last met on Feb. 7, 2003 in the Buckeyes’ season opener in Miami, Fla., with the Owls taking a 3-2 win.
– Florida Atlantic finished 44-28 last season and advanced to the NCAA tournament. All eight teams that Ohio State has played so far this season qualified for the NCAA tournament in 2003. Florida Atlantic returned 10 starters this season and has won seven consecutive Atlantic Sun Conference titles.
– The United States Olympic Team is also in Columbus, Ga., this weekend playing a five-game schedule against NCAA teams.