Aug 31, 2013
No. 2 Ohio State (1-0) 40, Buffalo (0-1) 20
Ohio Stadium – Columbus, Ohio
Aug. 31, 2013
OHIO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
- With the win, Ohio State extended the nation’s longest winning streak to 13 games.
- Ohio State has opened the season with a win every year since 2000 and is 33-2 in its last 35 season-openers. The squad has won its last 35 home openers.
- Ohio State has won 62 consecutive regular-season non-conference home games against teams not ranked in the AP Top 25.
- Urban Meyer improved his career record to 43-4 in games played in August/September and is now 12-0 in season openers.
- Ohio State played nine new defensive starters who competed in 2012.
- Devin Smith’s 47-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter marked the 11th touchdown catch of his career. The previous 10 touchdown receptions went for an average of 39.3 yards.
- Jordan Hall’s 49-yard rushing touchdown in the first quarter marked the longest carry of his career, eclipsing a 39-yard run against New Mexico State in 2009.
- Ron Tanner’s second-quarter interception marked the first interception of his career.
- Hall set a career high with 159 rushing yards and had two rushing touchdowns for his first multiple-TD game.
- The game marked the first multi-touchdown receiving game for Chris Fields.
- With 77 rushing yards, Miller eclipsed the 2,000-yard rushing mark in his career and now sits at 2,063. He is now 17 yards shy of Cornelius Greene’s Ohio State record of 2,080 yards rushing by a quarterback.
- Curtis Grant had a career-high seven total tackles, besting the three he had twice before (last 9/8/12 vs. UCF).
- Armani Reeves had three pass breakups, along with three tackles, in the game. Doran Grant had a career-high two pass breakups.