Oct. 6, 2013
No. 3/4 Ohio State 40 (6-0, 2-0 B1G) at No. 15/16 Northwestern 30 (4-1, 0-1 B1G)
Ryan Field – Evanston, Ill.
Oct. 5, 2013
OHIO STATE FOOTBALL POSTGAME NOTES
- With the win, Ohio State extends the nation’s longest winning streak to 18 games – the fourth-longest streak in school history. The longest is 22 games from 1967-69.
- Head coach Urban Meyer is now 26-10 in his career vs. ranked teams and 5-0 at Ohio State.
- Ohio State has won the last five meetings with Northwestern and 29 of the last 30 overall.
- Carlos Hyde rushed for a team-high 168 yards and 3 TDs, marking the seventh 100-yard rushing game of his career and his first of the season.
- Hyde’s rushing total was a career high and his 26 carries was just two shy of his 28 attempts vs. Nebraska (10/8/11).
- Hyde tied his career high with 4 receptions and set a career best with 38 receiving yards.
- Braxton Miller is now 20-6 in his career as a staring QB and 16-0 under Coach Meyer.
- With 68 yards rushing, Miller passed Rick Leach (2,176) for fifth place on the Big Ten’s all-time rushing list among QBs with 2,219 yards.
- Bradley Roby blocked a punt in the first quarter and recovered it for a TD. It marked his third career TD on either a blocked or recovered punt. It also marks his second career blocked punt. His last blocked punt was at Michigan State in 2012.
- Coach Meyer’s teams are 20-0 since 2005 when blocking a punt and 4-0 at Ohio State.
- C.J. Barnett recorded 11 tackles. His career high is 12 at Michigan (11/26/11).
- Joey Bosa recorded five tackles, two for loss and had two sacks. He also ended the game with a recovered fumble in the endzone for a touchdown.
- Curtis Grant finished the game with a career high 10 tackles. He had record seven twice previously, last vs. Wisconsin (9/28/13).