April 2, 2017
LINCOLN, Neb. – The only thing that slowed No. 2 Ohio State on Sunday was Mother Nature. After a brief rain delay, the Buckeyes rolled to a 7-0 victory at Nebraska in the Dillon Tennis Center.
OSU wins its 20th match of the season and is now 20-3 overall and 5-0 in Big Ten play
The match was delayed for an hour and 45 minutes because of rain in the area and was ultimately moved indoors.
The doubles point on Sunday didn’t take long as the Buckeyes raced to 6-1 victories on both courts one and two. Martin Joyce and Hugo Di Feo dispatched of Chris Dean and Dylan Bednarczyk on court one and Mikael Torpegaard and Herkko Pollanen rolled past Toby Boyer and Micah Klousia on court two.
Singles play was just as quick. Pollanen and Di Feo both went swiftly through Chris Dean and Tomislav Antoljak, respectively, with match 6-0, 6-0 scores. Torpegaard then supplied the clinching point with his 26th singles win of the year, a 6-2, 6-1 win over Toby Boyer on court one.
Playing out the remaining matches, freshman JJ Wolf won on court two by the same score as Torpegaard on court one, 6-2, 6-1 over Dylan Bednarczyk to make it 5-0. Redshirt-junior Riley Reist collected his second singles win of the season with a 6-1, 6-4 win over Rok Krizaj on court six. Kyle Seelig then provided the final point with his 6-4, 6-2 win over Micah Klousia on court four.
The Buckeyes swept the weekend road swing to Iowa and Nebraska, winning each match 7-0. OSU dropped just one set in the two matches.
The next two weekends will be played at home. Next weekend, the Buckeyes host Indiana on April 7 and Purdue on April 9. The following weekend, OSU hosts Minnesota and Wisconsin.
#2 Ohio State 7, Nebraska 0
1. #1 Mikael Torpegaard (OSU) def. Toby Boyer (NEB) 6-2, 6-1
2. #98 JJ Wolf (OSU) def. Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) 6-2, 6-1
3. #4 Hugo Di Feo (OSU) def. Tomislav Antoljak (NEB) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kyle Seelig (OSU) def. Micah Klousia (NEB) 6-4, 6-2
5. #93 Herkko Pollanen (OSU) def. Chris Dean (NEB) 6-0, 6-0
6. Riley Reist (OSU) def. Rok Krizaj (NEB) 6-1, 6-4
1. #56 Martin Joyce/Hugo Di Feo (OSU) def. Dylan Bednarczyk/Chris Dean (NEB) 6-1
2. #10 Mikael Torpegaard/Herkko Pollanen (OSU) def. Toby Boyer/Micah Klousia (NEB) 6-1
3. Rok Krizaj/Tomislav Antoljak (NEB) vs. Matt Mendez/Hunter Tubert (OSU) 3-2, unfinished
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (5,3,1,2,6,4)