2023 NCAA Tournament – Sweet 16
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2023
Venue: Climate Pledge Arena (Seattle, Wash.)
Game: vs. No. 6/8 UConn (4 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | ABC
Rosters: Ohio State | UConn
Notes: Ohio State | UConn
Bracket | Tournament Central
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 12/12 Ohio State women’s basketball team (27-7, 12-6 B1G) will face No. 6/8 and second-seeded UConn (31-5, 18-2 Big East) in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday in Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Wash. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET in a game broadcast on ABC, Westwood One and locally on 97.1 FM.
- Ohio State holds a 27-7 record this season after earning a 71-69 victory against No. 20/19 North Carolina on Monday in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in Columbus. Jacy Sheldon’s jumper with 1.8 seconds to play proved to be the difference as OSU held off a late UNC push.
- Sheldon scored 16 points with Eboni Walker (career-high 15 points), Taylor Mikesell (17 points with four made triples) and Cotie McMahon (14 points) joining the double-figure club. McMahon was one rebound shy of a double-double to tie for the game-high.
- This is the Buckeyes’ 13th Sweet 16 appearance and second in a row.
- This is Ohio State’s 27th NCAA Tournament appearance as the Buckeyes hold a 30-26 record in the NCAA Tournament. This record reflects wins from select seasons later vacated by the NCAA.
- UConn enters its 29th-consecutive Sweet 16 appearance (not counting the canceled 2020 tournament) with a 31-5 overall record. The Huskies won the Big East Tournament with a 67-56 victory against No. 10/11 Villanova in the championship game after beating Marquette in the semifinals (81-52) and Georgetown in the first game (69-39).
- UConn punched its ticket to the Sweet 16 with a 95-52 win against Vermont (first round) and a 77-58 win against Baylor (second round).
- Aaliyah Edwards lead five Huskies averaging double figures on the season with 17.0 ppg. Dorka Juhasz leads the team on the boards with 9.9 rpg, while Edwards averages 9.0.
- Ohio State trails 6-0 in the all-time series with UConn and is 0-4 against the Huskies under Coach McGuff. All meetings between the two teams have occurred since 2010.
- This is the teams’ first NCAA Tournament meeting. OSU and UConn have played twice previously at a neutral site.
Ohio State women’s basketball season tickets for the 2023-24 season are now on sale and can be purchased HERE. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.