April 17, 2019
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
|Robert Kepler Intercollegiate
|Dates:||April 19-20, 2019
|Host:||The Ohio State University
|Course:||Scarlet Course, The Ohio State University Golf Club
|Format:||Play 5, count 4
|Tee Times:||Friday – 8:15 AM Shotgun, second round begins 30 minutes after conclusion of first.
Saturday – 10:00 AM Shotgun
|Weather:||Rain, 54°/Rain, 53°
|Teams:||Ohio State, Augusta, Ball State, Dayton, Florida, Kent State, Maryland, Miami (OH), Michigan State, Penn State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Rutgers, Xavier
|1. Will Grimmer
2. Daniel Wetterich
3. Caleb Ramirez
4. Will Voetsch
5. Laken Hinton
1. Kevin Stone
2. Grant Engle
3. JonErik Alford
4. Jack Mancinotti
5. Justin Wick
Ohio State at the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate
- This year is the 48th playing of the event, named for the late Robert Kepler who served as Ohio State’s golf coach from 1938 until 1965, and has been hosted every year but three since its inception in 1969.
- Ohio State has hoisted the tournament champion trophy 23 times, including six-consecutive victories from 1974-79 and nine-consecutive from 1981-89, with their most recent win coming in the 2003 season.
- The Buckeyes have taken home individual medalist honors 21 times, with Frederik Hammer being the most recent in 2014.
- The Scarlet Course at The Ohio State University Golf Club has played host to the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate, 42 times in the 47 years of the event. The par 71, 7,455 yard course is one of two 18-hole courses on site, the other being the Gray Course, and is widely renowned as one of the premier courses in all of collegiate golf. The course, originally designed by Alister MacKenzie and redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 2006, features a championship layout that is situated around a lake and winding stream that cut through the landscape. The large contoured greens sit surrounded by strategically placed bunkers that coupled with the water, add an extra layer to challenge players. The OSU Golf Club hosts numerous events alongside the Kepler, such as the Lady Buckeye, AJGA, OHSAA Division I state high school championship and, most notably, the WEB.com Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship.
- The Buckeyes played tremendous golf at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate as four players shot career or season lows to lead the team to its best score of the 2018-19 campaign with a ten-under, 842.
- Four Ohio State players finished inside the top-10 for the first time since 2012.
- Senior Caleb Ramirez set a new career low at the Club at Irish Creek by carding 14 birdies in three rounds to finish five-under par (70-69-69) and tie for fourth place.
- Will Grimmer matched Ramirez at five-under for the tournament to finish tied for fourth. Grimmer’s 208 (68-73-67) marks the sixth time in his collegiate career that he has shot 208 or better, and the third time this season.
- Will Voetsch had a career weekend himself, coming in at four-under par to take home a share of seventh place and set a new career low of 209 (73-68-68).
- Daniel Wetterich also finished the tournament under par, coming in at three-under to tie for tenth place and shoot his best score of the season with a 210.
- Freshman Grant Engle posted the best numbers of his young career, finishing with a one-under 212 (71-72-69) to finish in a tie for 20th.
- Free admission for all who attend.
- Free Nike hat for the first 40 children 12 and under in attendance on Saturday. Check in at the pro shop to collect your hat.