April 11, 2019
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
|Bill Blazer Memorial
|Dates:||April 12-13, 2019
|Host:||Ohio Dominican University
|Course:||Cumberland Trail Golf Club
|Format:||Play 5, count 4
|Tee Times:||Friday – Tee times begin at 11:00 AM off 1 and 10
Saturday – Tee times begin at 8:00 AM off 1 and 10
|Weather:||Scattered Thunderstorms, 67°/Cloudy, 64°
|Teams:||Ohio State (Ind.), Alderson Broaddus, Cedarville, Columbus State, Malone, Mount Vernon Nazarene, Urbana
|1. JonErik Alford
2. Grant Engle
3. Jack Mancinotti
4. Justin Wick
Ohio State at the Bill Blazer Memorial
- This is the first time that Ohio State players will appear at the Bill Blazer Memorial.
- Cumberland Trail Golf Club is a 7,205 yard, par 72 course nestled just outside the city of Columbus. The course features 60-plus bunkers that run up against ample water hazards to provide an enjoyable and challenging experience for all golfers. Cumberland Trail has worked hard to keep the greens among the best in the region since its inception in 2000, and has been known to have the “best greens in Columbus.”
- This is the second time this season that the team has deployed a group of individuals to compete, the first being the Gordin Collegiate Classic back in October.
- Freshman Grant Engle comes off a career low score of 212 (-1) to place 20th at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate. Engle’s 71-72-69, earned him his fourth and fifth rounds under par, and his second round in the 60s.
- Jack Mancinotti will compete for the third time this season. His last outing came at the Bandon Dunes Championship on March 10-11.
- Justin Wick will appear in his fifth tournament of the year.
- JonErik Alford makes his debut in the Scarlet and Gray.