Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
2018-19 Schedule| 2018 Roster| Box Score| Season Stats
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State completed its first full weekend on home turf with a 5-0 victory over Lehigh. The Buckeyes improve to 2-1 over the Mountain Hawks in series history and 4-2 so far this season. Lehigh falls to 1-4 on the season.
The win marks a 2-0 finish of the Buckeyes’ first full weekend of home competition this season. The team is now 2-1 at Buckeye Varsity Field this season.
- First on the board was sophomore Julianna Sweeney, scoring off a rebounded shot in traffic just eight minutes into the game. Both of Sweeney’s two shots in the game were on target.
- Ten minutes later, Adelaide Penzone knocked in her first goal of the season on a cross from Kelsey Nolan. Penzone scored on her only shot of the game. The Buckeyes we unable to add another goal before the half, despite putting up 13 shots in the first 35 minutes.
- Casey Cole recorded her fifth goal of the season to put the Buckeyes up 3-0 on the Mountain Hawks. Cole started the scoring run for the Buckeyes in the second half. She took four shots with three landing on cage.
- Freshman Katie Pyle scored her first goal as a Buckeye, tapping in a long shot from Whitney Harris 62 minutes into the game. Pyle added one more shot on goal in the contest.
- Esther Clotet rounded out the scoring for Ohio State on a well-placed shot to the left-hand side of the goalie taken from inside a collection of teammates and defenders.
- With one goal in the contest, Casey Cole has now recorded a goal in three consecutive games, giving her the longest scoring streak on the team. Clotet follows with an active streak of two straight games with at least one goal.
- As a team, Ohio State took 32 shots with 22 landing on target against Lehigh.
- The Buckeyes took their first penalty strokes of the season in the contest. Both Hannah Pany and Sina Schwinn took the penalty shots for the Buckeyes but could not get them in the back of the net.
- For the second game in a row, the Buckeyes held their opponent to just one shot. Goalkeeper Aaliyah Hernandez picked up the single save of the game for the Buckeyes as she improves to 4-1 on the season.
- Ohio State sits at second in the Big Ten behind Maryland in both points (58) and goals (21).
- Cole is now tied for third in the conference with five goals in six games. Clotet is close behind in fourth with four goals.
- The Buckeyes are riding a three-game win streak and have won two consecutive games at home. The last time that the Buckeyes won three consecutive games was during the 2016 season. This is the longest win streak in head coach Jarred Martin’s career at Ohio State.
The Buckeyes will again play a pair of games on Buckeye Varsity Field next weekend. The team will start Big Ten competition against No. 5 Penn State on Friday (4 p.m.) and will face Miami on Sunday (1 p.m.).