ADDITIONAL INFO: Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium | Men’s Lacrosse Tickets | Stadium Policies | Schedule | Roster
No. 15 Ohio State vs. No. 19 Denver
Date: Sunday, March 19
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Venue: Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium
Live Stats: DenverPioneers.com
Rosters: Ohio State | Denver
Stats: Ohio State | Denver
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 15 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team heads west to play No. 19 Denver Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. ET. The game will be the final non-conference tilt for the Buckeyes (4-3) before they start conference play.
The matchup between the Buckeyes and Pioneers (3-3) will be streamed on DenverPioneers.com. Live stats will be available at DenverPioneers.com and Twitter updates at @OhioStateMLAX.
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Jack Myers continues to lead Ohio State with 25 points on the year. He is the team’s assist leader with 16 helpers this season. Myers ranks fourth in the Big Ten with 2.29 assists per game.
- Sophomore Ed Shean paces the team with 19 goals through six games this season. He is second on the team, behind Myers, with 23 points. Shean is fifth in the confernce with 2.71 goals per game.
- On the faceoff, Drew Blanchard has recorded a team-high .626 (82-131) win percentage. He is fourth in the league in win percentage and has recorded the second-most wins on the year.
- Goaltender Skylar Wahlund has seen majority of the minutes for Ohio State this season, playing in all seven games and earning a .496 save percentage with 68 saves on the year.
- Ohio State was picked 15th in this week’s USILA coaches’ poll. The team also received a No. 14 ranking in the Inside Lacrosse media poll.
- Ohio State looks to earn its first road win of the season this weekend against Denver. The Buckeyes previously played a neutral site game against No. 1 Virginia, which the Cavaliers won, 17-6, and traveled to South Bend, Ind. for a game against No. 2 Notre Dame, which the Fighting Irish claimed, 16-3.
Last Time Out
- Ohio State heads into Sunday’s matchup already with a win under their belt this week. The Buckeyes defeated Detroit Mercy, 19-6, on Tuesday night at Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium.
- Ed Shean and Jack Myers led the team with six points on the night. Shean scored a team-high five goals while Myers recorded a team-high five assists.
- Freshmen Cullen Brown and Tate Jones recorded their first points of their Buckeye careers in the game, Brown with an assist and Jones with a goal.
History vs. Denver
- Ohio State is 15-13 against Denver in the all-time series.
- The Buckeyes look to take one step closer to evening their record against the Pioneers in Denver this weekend, as they are 5-7 on the road against them.
- The last time the teams met, Denver managed to hold off the Buckeyes to take a 14-12 win at Ohi Stadium during the 2022 season.
- Despite the loss, Colby Smith and then-senior Jackson Reid recorded hat tricks in the game.
Ohio State opens Big Ten Conference play on Friday, March 26 against Rutgers. The Buckeyes and Scarlet Knights face off at 7 p.m. from Ohio State Lacrosse Stadium and the game will be televised on Big Ten Network.
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Tickets
To purchase tickets and/or for more information on Ohio State men’s lacrosse tickets, click HERE. For information on group tickets and experiences, contact the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email Athletic.firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an account executive.