ADDITIONAL INFO: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | 2019 Roster | 2019 Schedule | PDF Box Score | Season Stats | HTML Box
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Buckeyes (5-3-1, 0-1-1) and Northwestern (5-3-1, 1-0-1) played 110’ but ended in a scoreless tie Saturday at Lanny and Sharton Martin Stadium in Evanston, Illinois.
The game was originally scheduled for an 8 p.m. kick Friday but was moved to Saturday afternoon because of inclement weather in the Chicago Friday.
- Neither team was able to muster much offense in the first half. The Buckeyes had the early opportunity advantage with a 4-3 lead in shots over the first 45’.
- Northwestern was not able to put a ball on net in the first half while the Buckeyes tested the Wildcat keeper once.
- The teams were scoreless after 90’ of play with the Wildcats leading in shots 8-5 and corners 7-0.
- Sophomore Xavier Green had a pair of shots in the first half. Senior Jack Holland made a pair attempts after the break to lead the Buckeyes.
- This was the first double overtime game of the year for the Buckeyes and third to go to at least one OT. Ohio State is 1-1-1 in overtime this season with a 1-0 win at Dayton and a 2-1 loss to Penn State in Columbus.
- The last double overtime game for the Buckeyes was vs. Detroit Mercy Sept. 26, 2017 in Columbus (2-2).
- Parker Siegfried recorded his fourth shutout of the season and 16th of his career.
- Ohio State has not lost a game away from home in the last five outings (4 wins, 1 tie). The last time Ohio State accomplished that feat was at the end of 2009 and start of 2010.
Shots: Northwestern 11, Ohio State 7
Saves: Ohio State 2, Northwestern 2
Shots on Goal: Ohio State 3, Northwestern 3
Corner Kicks: Northwestern 10, Ohio State 3
Ohio State returns to Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium for a 7 p.m. game vs. Michigan Wednesday.