Ohio State vs. Michigan Links
Ohio State Football Postgame Notes
• With the win, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer tied Earle Bruce with 81 victories as head coach of the Buckeyes.
• Ohio State has won the last seven matchups against the Wolverines.
• Ohio State’s 62 points scored marked the most by the Buckeyes in a game against Michigan. The Buckeyes scored 50 points in victories in 1961 and 1968. It marked the most points scored against Michigan in a regulation game and the second-most scored against the Wolverines all-time, behind Illinois’ 65 in a 67-65 Michigan victory in triple-overtime in 2010. Cornell had the previous most points in a regulation game against the Wolverines, scoring 58 in 1891.
• With five touchdown passes against the Wolverines, Dwayne Haskins broke Drew Brees’ Big Ten single-season record of 39 passing touchdowns set in 1998. Haskins has 41 touchdown tosses in 2018.
• With 318 passing yards Saturday, Haskins broke Curtis Painter’s Big Ten single-season passing yardage record of 3,985 set with Purdue in 2006. Haskins sits at 4,003 passing yards in 2018.
• Haskins broke J.T. Barrett’s Ohio State single-season total offense record of 3,851 yards and now sits at 4,130.
• Haskins tied Joe Germaine and Barrett with his eighth-career 300-yard passing game. All eight have come in 2018, breaking Germaine’s single-season record of seven 300-yard passing games.
• Chris Olave’s 24-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter marked the first touchdown reception of his career. Olave then added another 24-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter and blocked a punt in the third quarter which was returned 33 yards for a touchdown by Sevyn Banks.
• Since 2001, Meyer-coached teams have blocked 71 kicks.
• The blocked punt returned for a touchdown was the first for the Buckeyes since Bradley Roby scored on a blocked punt at Northwestern Oct. 5, 2013.
• Johnnie Dixon’s 31-yard touchdown grab in the second quarter was his sixth touchdown catch of the year.
• Ohio State passed for 222 yards in the first half, more than Michigan had allowed in any complete game this season.
• Jordan Fuller’s third-quarter interception was his first of the season and third of his career.
• Mike Weber’s 2-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was his fifth rushing score of the year and 24th of his career.
• Parris Campbell’s 78-yard touchdown run in the third quarter marked a career long rush. Campbell added a 16-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter, marking his team-high 10th of the year.
• K.J. Hill’s 1-yard touchdown catch in the fourth quarter was his sixth touchdown catch of the year.
• Malik Harrison tied his career high with two tackles-for-loss.