FOLLOW the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram | 2019 Schedule | 2019 Roster | Baseball Homepage | Big Ten Baseball | Big Ten Tournament Bracket | Tournament Central
OMAHA, Neb. – Due to severe weather Thursday night in Omaha, the Ohio State-Maryland Big Ten Tournament second round game was suspended with the Buckeyes leading, 3-2, in the bottom of the eighth. The game will be resume at 11 a.m. ET Friday at TD Ameritrade Park.
HOW WE GOT TO
- Ohio State jumped out to a 2-0 lead with a run in the first and second innings, respectively. Brady Cherry had a RBI single in the first, scoring Dominic Canzone. A throwing error by Maryland allowed Canzone to score in the third.
- Maryland’s Maxwell Costes homered to left in the bottom of the third to tie the game at 2-all.
- Zach Dezenzo gave the Scarlet and Gray a 3-2 lead with a sac fly to center field to push Cherry around in the top of the eighth.
- Ohio State starting pitcher Griffan Smith was fantastic in his start on the mound for the Buckeyes, limiting the UMD bats to two runs on five hits with three walks and tied his career-high with 10 walks in seven innings of work.
- Play was suspended at 9:06 p.m. local time with one out and a Maryland runner on second base in the bottom of the eighth. Left-handed reliever Andrew Magno relieved Smith to begin the bottom of the eighth.