COLUMBUS, Ohio – A five-game midseason homestand continues for the Ohio State field hockey team on Monday as it welcomes No. 5-ranked Louisville to Columbus for a non-conference matchup. Game time is set for 4 p.m.
No. 5 Louisville (7-1) vs. No. 19 Ohio State (6-2) // Monday, Sept. 27 // 4 p.m. // Buckeye Varsity Field
Watch Live (BTN+) // Live Stats // Twitter Updates
Ohio State Roster // Ohio State Stats // Ohio State Schedule & Results
Louisville Roster // Louisville Stats // Louisville Schedule & Results
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Ohio State has been off since a 2-1 setback last Sunday vs. No. 11 Virginia. The loss snapped a five-game winning streak.
- The Buckeyes are No. 19 in this week’s NFHCA poll, its highest ranking of the season.
- Ohio State has scored 16 goals in eight games thus far and those goals have come from seven different players.
- Junior Leanne Bough leads the way with five goals, including four game-winners.
- Megan McKenna, a sophomore, is next with three tallies while senior Katie Pyle, freshman Cameryn Forgash and senior Emma Goldean each have two.
- The Buckeyes are allowing just 1.50 goals per game anchored by the goalkeeping of Aaliyah Hernandez, who has a 1.40 goals-against average, .763 save percentage and 29 total stops.
Home Sweet Home
- Monday’s game is the second of five consecutive at home for the Scarlet and Gray over the next two weeks.
- Next weekend, Ohio State has a matchup waiting against No. 1 Michigan on Sunday, Oct. 3 at noon. The Buckeyes and Wolverines last met in the Big Ten Tournament Championship Game last April.
- Following that contest, Ohio State is home the weekend of Oct. 8-10 to host Indiana on Oct. 8 and Ohio on Oct. 10.
- Since 2018, the Buckeyes have 16 home wins and have had a record of .500 or better at home in three of four seasons.
Where They Rank…
- Senior goalkeeper Aaliyah Hernandez is among the top 25 nationally in goals-against average (19th) and save percentage (22nd).
- She’s sixth and fourth, respectively, in those categories among Big Ten goalies.
- Leanne Bough’s 0.62 goals per game is 10th in the conference and her 1.25 points per game ranks 17th.
More on the Cardinals
- The Cardinals started the season with a 7-0 record for the second straight year, matching a school-record start before falling 2-0 to No. 2 Iowa last Sunday.
- Mattie Tabor leads the team with four goals and 10 points. All of her goals have been game-winners and she leads the ACC in that category.
- Louisville finished the 2020-21 season with a 14-6 overall record and ranked No. 3 in the NFHCA coaches’ poll and reached the program’s first NCAA Final Four.
- Prior to coming to Columbus, Louisville has a road game at No. 18 Duke on Friday.
A Series History Lesson
- Ohio State leads the all-time series 18-11.
- The last meeting coming on September 15, 2019, a 2-1 win for the Cardinals
- The Buckeyes won back-to-back overtime games in the series in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
- Each of the last five games has been decided by one goal.
How to Follow the Buckeyes
- All of Ohio State’s non-televised home games – in addition to its Big Ten Conference road games – will be streamed live on BTN+ (subscription required).
- The Oct. 22 and Oct. 24 home games against Penn State and Rutgers, respectively, will be carried live on BTN.
- Admission to all Ohio State games at Buckeye Varsity Field is free.