2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
The Ohio State women’s basketball team dropped their first game of the season last Sunday and will look to rebound on Thursday when they take on in-state foe Kent State at the M.A.C. Center in Kent. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. and will be the second game of a double-header with the Kent State men’s team taking on Concord at 5 p.m.
- The teams have met 13 times previous but not since 1981. At that time, both schools were members of the Ohio Association of Intercollegiate Sports for Women (OAISW) and the most recent meeting with a 67-62 Ohio State victory in the 1981 OAISW state championship game.
- The Buckeyes are averaging 78.3 points per game through their first three contests while the Golden Flashes have a negative scoring margin yet are 3-1 on the season.
- Ohio State fell to Ohio on Sunday and in that game, sophomore forward Dorka Juhasz pulled down a career-high tying 16 rebounds. That was the third time in her career that she hit that mark.
- Juhasz is leading the team at 12.3 points and 10.7 rebounds per game.
- Guard Janai Crooms had a career-high 12 assists in the win at Cincinnati and is leading the team at 6.0 assists per game.
- Transfer guard Braxtin Miller has made a team-high five threes on the year and is the only other Buckeye averaging in double figures at 11.0 points per game.
- Buckeye head coach Kevin McGuff is entering his seventh season at Ohio State and his 18th overall as a head coach. He is just six wins shy of 400 for his career.