COLUMBUS, Ohio. – The Buckeye men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams had a strong opening day at the Ohio State Fall Invitational, with both teams leading. The women have 711 points and the men have 746 points; both Buckeye teams have a 30-plus point lead on the second place teams.
Men’s Meet Notes
- The Buckeyes placed second in the 200 free relay, with the team of James Ward, Ruslan Gaziev, Alex Quach and Daniel Baltes finishing with an NCAA B standard time of 1:17.51.
- Charlie Clark finished fourth in the A-final of the 500 free with an NCAA B standard time of 4:18.07. Alex Axon tied for fifth with an NCAA B standard time of 4:19.39. Fabio Dalu also turned in an NCAA B cut time (4:20.64) and finished in eighth place.
- In the 200 IM, Quach placed third with an NCAA B cut time of 1:44.90. Thomas Watkins placed fifth with an NCAA B standard time of 1:45.07. Owen Conley placed first in the B-final with a time of 1:46.84.
- Gaziev placed fifth in the 50 free with an NCAA B standard time of 19.53.
- The Buckeyes placed third in the 400 medley relay with the team of Thomas Watkins, Ian Mikesell, Quach and Gaziev swimming the event in 3:06.25, which is an NCAA B standard time and the fifth-fastest time in program history.
- Clayton Chaplin placed fourth in the 1-meter dive with a score of 362.30 and Jack Matthews placed sixth with an overall score of 344.60. Both are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
Women’s Meet Notes
- The relay team of Katherine Zenick, Teresa Ivan, Tristan Harrison and Amy Fulmer placed second in the 200 free relay with a time of 1:28.25. It is an NCAA A standard time.
- Maya Geringer placed sixth in the 500 free. She finished with an NCAA B standard time of 4:44.91 in the A-final. Meredith Moellering turned in an NCAA B cut time of 4:47.09 and placed 10th in the A-final. Gwen Woodbury placed second in the B-final with an NCAA B standard time of 4:45.25.
- Lena Hentschel scored 334.55 in the 3-meter dive; it is an NCAA Zones qualifying score. She placed fourth.
- Josephine Panitz swam the 200 IM in 1:56.50, which is an NCAA B cut time and the fifth-fastest time in OSU women’s program history; she placed second. Felicia Pasadyn placed fifth with an NCAA B standard time of 1:57.70. Paige Hall placed first in the B-final with a time of 1:59.27 and Jessica Eden placed first in the C-final with a time of 1:59.48.
- Fulmer won the 50 free with an NCAA B Standard time of 21.95. It is also the fifth-fastest time in program history. Also turning in NCAA B cut times in the 50 free were Teresa Ivan (22.27), Tristan Harrison (22.43), Zenick (22.45), Allie Fenska (22.57) and Funderburke (22.18).
- The relay team Funderburke, Panitz, Zenick and Fulmer won the 400 medley relay with an NCAA A standard time of 3:30.05. It is also the fourth-fastest time in program history.
- The Ohio State Fall Invitational continues Nov. 18-19. Prelims start at 9:30 a.m. each morning and finals begin at 5:30 p.m.