Ohio State vs. Xavier
Date: March 28 | Time: 6:00 PM
Ohio State: RHP George Eisenhardt
Xavier: RHP Luke Hoskins
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Buckeyes return to Bill Davis Stadium to host Xavier on Tuesday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. to kick off a five-game home stand.
Ticket & Parking Info
- Fans can purchase tickets online at ticketmaster.com or on the TicketMaster app. Tickets can also be purchased at the ticket office at the Schottenstein Center or at Bill Davis Stadium on gameday. The ticket office will open one hour prior to the start of each game.
- Parking can be found at Bill Davis Stadium and is free of charge.
Last Time Out
- The Buckeyes opened Big Ten play with a three-game series at Indiana this past weekend. Due to inclement weather, Friday’s game was postponed; the teams played a single game on Saturday and a doubleheader on Tuesday.
- The Hoosiers swept the Buckeyes, winning game one, 14-6, game two, 9-6, and game three, 9-7.
- In game one, Ohio State got off to a 6-0 lead in the first inning, but Indiana scored 14 unanswered runs to earn the win.
- Isaiah Coupet (3-2) took the loss; he struck out four and allowed 10 runs on 10 hits in 4.0 innings pitched.
- Kade Kern led the Buckeyes in game two with three hits.
- Jonah Jenkins (3-2) fanned a season-high five batters and gave up two runs on four hits in 4.0 innings out of the bullpen.
- Kern led the Buckeyes with two hits in game three. Justin Eckhardt (1-3) took the loss on the mound; he fanned three and allowed six runs on six hits in 4.0 innings pitched.
Ohio State Quick Hitters
- Catcher Cole Andrews leads Ohio State at the plate, batting .364. He also leads the team in RBIs with 19 and has a team-best .493 on-base percentage. His on-base percentage is seventh in the Big Ten.
- Marcus Ernst’s leads the Buckeyes in homeruns with six, which is tied four fourth-most in the conference.
- Kade Kern has scored a team-high 24 runs, which ranks him 10th in the Big Ten.
- Isaiah Coupet (3-2) ranks 10th in the Big Ten in opposing batting average, holding opposing hitters to a .204. He is sixth in strikeouts with 42 and second in batter struck out looking with 14.
- Justin Eckhardt’s (1-3) five walks issued this season are the fewest in the conference.
- Landon Beidelschies’ three saves are tied for third-most in the Big Ten.
- Xavier is 11-12 on the season so far and are 11-10 on the road.
- Catcher Hayden Christiansen leads the Musketeers at the plate, batting .436.
- Outfielder Andrew Walker leads the team in hits with 31 and RBIs with 17. He is batting .326.
- Probable starter Luke Hoskins is 1-1 on the season with an ERA of 8.34. He has fanned 20 and given up 22 runs on 26 hits in 22.2 innings pitched.
- Clay Schwaner leads the Xavier pitching staff in saves with three.
- The Buckeyes host Minnesota for a three-game conference series Friday, March 31-Sunday, April 2.